Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$77
  • Pool
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$111
  • Pool
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$131
US$103
  • Breakfast included
Copacabana Rio Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$47
US$184
US$152
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$209
US$161
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$198
  • Beachfront
US$273
US$227
  • Pool
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$353
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdidn t workrooms are clean and comfortableplace to stayriotaxibrazil
Reviewed June 27, 2014

So we check in. I have only supplied a CC# confirm 6 months earlier. It is the World Cup. My American amigo who runs an apt. rental website in Rio can't even get me a decent priced apt. 6 months in advance of this reservation. Margarida has a 2 week in advance free cancellation. Que?! I speak some Portuguese from prior visits (even lived in Rio for 2 months) and my wife is from Colombia and speaks Spanish, of course. Margarida doesn't even go through the full on passport, etc. check in etc. We just go to our room. Lovely. I had been driving from Paraty all morning. This pousada in the HEART of one of my favorite places on earth (Ipanema) is not a show stopper. AS IN, the room is basic and all 70s/80s style from a design standpoint BUT the BATHROOM is huge AND, for some reason we get a full fridge (not a mini fridge) even though we are not going to cook there or anything. So, for the Copa do Mundo, even though we are paying TWICE their going rate, well, at least we are not paying the 3-5 times the rate that the rest of the Cariocas are asking. Awesome. Margarida? She is my not my grandma but my local mami since I am 50 and my American mami is only 67 and I don't want to be bothered by my American mami when in Rio but having a Rio mami is a good thing even when I know Rio inside and out. Breakfast-she was trying to get us all fat with pao, ovos, etc! She was all over it! Her grandson, Leonardo (NOT DeCaprio)? That young dude was the best-he was running the business behind the scene and helped us deal with getting Corcovado tix online when even my American amigo could not figure out how to buy the tix on their difficult website. They have familia in Maryland and I have to get him out to the high desert in the SW the next time he hits the States!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We visited Margarida's Pousada during the World Cup in June. It was great value for money considering the fact that it is nestled in the heart of Ipanema- an upmarket area of Rio with a fabulous beach- much quieter than neighbouring copacabana. The room and ensuite were basic but very spacious and with all the key components- hot water, air con, even a fridge! The lady who owns the Pousada is welcoming and makes brilliant Caprianha's, and the staff are all warm and very helpful. All in all, this is a gem Pousada and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 18, 2014

this is not a five-star inn, but for the traveler looking for somewhere that has character and a great location, I highly recommend Margarida's Pousada. The best thing about this place is the people that run it. We had some problems getting there on time and they were very accommodating. We were on a 1st name basis with the people that run this hotel after only a couple of days. I especially love the breakfast in the morning, nothing fancy, but good fruits and coffee. This place has a great location only 3 blocks from the beach. We went there just about every day and it was very easy to be out on the beach by morning. This hotel is a family-owned business and we felt very comfortable staying there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Fancy staying in rio in a very safe area, having a taste of humanity despite the fact you are surrounded by crazy vip hotels? Come here ! Mrs margarida will welcome you in her 3 floors pousada. she and sonia (who speaks very good english) will make you feel you're not in a cold super vip area in ipanema, but in a professional family hotel, for example she let us keep the room after the check out time as we needed to stay a little bit longer because of a late flight. BUT mrs margarida and her staff need definitely to improve the clean factor.. We stayed in 4 other hotels in brasil( including a tiny lodge in the amazon forest) and tgis is by far the dirtiest.. What a pity!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I love staying in nice places so I'm so glad we stayed here! This is a lovely guest house with friendly people.

We checked in very late around 1am and were warmly welcomed and shown to our room.

I was very sick at the time and spent most of our first day in Rio in our room. The staff were exceptional. Sonia gave me lots of great advice and made sure I had everything I needed. I really appreciated how concerned everyone was and how they wanted to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.

Our room was large, with a big fridge, plenty of storage, big flat screen TV with English channels and it's own large bathroom with hot shower.  There was also a small table and two chairs and a large comfortable bed.

Location is fabulous, a couple of blocks from Ipanema beach and there are loads of restaurants and shops nearby.  We had dinner out nearby when I was feeling better and walked back at night okay.  The area felt safe which was good.

Breakfast was served in a small kitchen area and was good, lots of rolls with ham, cheese, coffee, tea, a really nice lemon, jams, cereals, fruit and the lady who served us offered to cook us eggs too.

All the staff we met were really friendly.  Sonia gave us lots of recommendations for things to do and how to get around and the young man at reception arranged a transfer to Ilha Grande for us.

We would have loved to stay longer but we had already booked accommodation in Ilha Grande which we could not change.

Would love to go back to Rio and would definitely stay here again and recommend.

Also for miss the fresh coconut water from the stall on the corner right near the guest house - I have been craving it since!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple