All reviewsrooms are clean and comfortableplace to stayriotaxibrazil
Reviewed February 3, 2015

The pousada crew are most friendly, care about each person who stay there, you know it is from the heart! The location is perfect just near everything you need. I really really reccomande to stay there if you are in Rio.

• Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed January 21, 2015

Top location, a calm area three blocks from the beach and from the lake. Very expensive during New year holiday. The wifi didn´t work at the top floor. The manager and landlady very helpful and english speaking.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 14, 2014

I stayed at this pousada for four nights in late November. I was a bit nervous as I was travelling alone (w/ no Portuguese) but soon this became my home away home! All staff was very warm and welcoming. The location was perfect – just two blocks away from the famous Ipanema beach and one block from the busy street where you can find many stores, restaurants, and banks where you can withdraw money with an international bank card. A metro station was a little far but it was pretty easy to catch a taxi. A room was very basic (but a shower was very hot and strong!) but you can’t beat the price! Breakfast was nice, too. I was very pleased with my choice and would definitely stay again. I love this place and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about our week long stay at Margarida's Pousada! The owner, management and staff were so warm and friendly, we felt right at home. We were able to use the kitchen to prepare simple meals and Margarida's cakes for breakfast are amazing! Sonia, one of the front office staff, was always ready and willing to provide helpful tips while travelling around Rio and Brazil in general. A very safe area to stay just blocks from Ipanema Beach! It was sad to say goodbye to people who "took care of us" during our stay and would highly recommend anyone I know heading to Rio de Janeiro! I thank them for their kindness and for such a memorable time there!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 17, 2014

It's a tiny hotel run by a family with friendly staff.Breakfast was included and good. Wifi was free and had good speed. The location was perfect and in a safe district.the only problem was that the owners did not come there before 11 in the morning and the other staff could not speak
English.