All reviews rooms are clean and comfortable place to stay rio taxi brazil
Reviewed September 6, 2016

Great location in Ipanema, 2 blocks from the beach one direction, 2-3 blocks to the lake the other direction. Very good area close to stores, restaurants, Sunday market. Host Sonia helped booked tours to Corcovado, Sugarloaf Mountains, and boat tour. Other tours available as well. Wonderful kitchen upstairs with a balcony

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Margaridas Pousada for 4 days while on solo vacation in Rio. It was the perfect B&B for me: just 3 blocks away from the beach, close to shops, good restaurants and a supermarket. I stayed on the 3rd floor in a cosy 1 bed room with basic amenities, but with a touch of hospitality. The breakfast was homemade including continental style bfast and eggs any style you like.

What Margaridas Pousada is most commendable for is its hospitality. The hostess Sonia spoke very good English (a rarity in Rio) and spent 1h of her time on my first day to help me book my sightseeing, day trips, tickets to the football match and my taxi back. A real touch of Brazilian hospitality.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2016 via mobile

Location is perfect - just four short blocks to Ipanema beach. Very close to shops and restaurants. Felt very safe walking around Ipanema area at night. The staff at the posada are very sweet and helpful. Breakfast is hearty - sweet breads, boiled eggs, ham, cheese, assorted fruits, juice and coffee. Wifi is excellent.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2016

The price is unbeatable for the location. You're right in the middle of Ipanema, so it's safe, with lots close by, and you're a few blocks from the beach. Safety, price and location were the most important things for me, especially since I was travelling alone as a woman, and Margarida's was great for all of those. Sonia (sp?) and some of the other people who work there are really, really nice and helpful. Yes, the walls are paper thin, so you can hear a lot (just turn on the A/C though) and the accommodations like sheets, towels, etc. aren't like great, but for me, it's worth it for the price. Also, they should play some music in the breakfast room! It's a little too quiet. Just an idea! Thank you

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2016

We stayed in Rio de Janeiro in Ipanema - safe and nice district. This pousada is literally few steps (2 bloks) away from Ipanema Beach (Posto 10), next to main street of Ipanema. We arrived at 9am and our room was not only ready, but we were also served breakfest - the first time we tried the marvellous brazilian cafezihno. The place is very quite although located on the busy street, but surrounded by nice trees. The hosts speak good english and spanish and they are very helpful in recommending nice places to dine, see and do. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple