“The Way to See Rio!!”
Review of Rio Tours Operator

Rio Tours Operator
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Marcio Guedes. I am a Licensed Tour Guide/Operator and a native of Rio de Janeiro who lived and studied four years in the United States and one year in Europe. I have also worked as a Dietitian and as a Teacher of English.I can assist you with airport transfers, tourist attractions, restaurants, shopping, nightlife and off the beaten path places. Customized tours to do what you want at your own pace. Larger vehicles for bigger groups, from full-size vans to buses.I can also get excellent hotel rates and domestic flights for groups. I have colleagues who speak German, French and Spanish.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Being from Canada, and never having been to Rio de Janeiro, we were unfamiliar with how to go about seeing as much of the area as possible in a safe way. My husband and I joined friends of ours from Canada who had been referred to Marcio. What a fantastic experience it turned out to be! Marcio spoke English fluently so was able to explain the culture and history and the attractions he took us to, such as the Sitio Roberto Brule Marx and the Museu Casa Do Ponta. We stopped at beautiful sights along the way and had a great lunch. I would highly recommend contacting Marcio if you ever get a chance to go to Rio. He was very thorough, professional, and made us all feel very safe and comfortable.

1  Thank Joan B

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Two couples spent a really interesting day with Marcio going a little off the beaten path outside of Rio de Janero. Marcio shared what life in Rio is really like. What an amazing tour guide! I hope you all enjoy his company. Thanks Marcio

1  Thank Carolyn H
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Just like to add to all the good comments about Marcio. We booked him, a driver and a mini bus (as there were 8 of us and a one year old) for a full day and a half day. His English is perfect as he spent his university years in the USA, and was very flexible with what we wanted to do.When the weather defeated our trip to Sugar loaf Mountain he took us to other great places of interest including a drive through of one of the biggest Favelas in Rio.I would definitely recommend him as he was not only a great guide but answers emails almost immediately! Thanks Marcio for our great days in your wonderful city!

2  Thank hippylinda
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Marcio was an excellent guide who was able to provide lots of information and details about the places we visited. His English is excellent and he was able to translate where necessary for our group of Western Australian farmers. Marcio provided full details for any questions asked from the group. His detail for organisational instructions was clearly articulated and he showed consideration for individuals as well as the whole group The tour to the favelas was a memorable part of the tour for us. We would recommend Marcio to anyone considering a guide in South America.

1  Thank Roma6522
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Marcio is a friendly , professional & generous Guide .Before we arrive to Rio & after we read all the good reviews about Marcio , we booked a private full day tour with him .From Montréal , we planned with him our day program & all the places we would like to visit . He is definitly a professional guide,We were a group of six , he picked us up at the hotel on time ,his van is very comfortable & he managed to do all the things we wanted to do & eaven more .Generous with all the information he gave us about Rio , history , culture etc..His english is fluent & he speaks very clearly .
if you are looking for a private guide in Rio , He is the one .