Stayed here for 3 nights during my honeymoon in May 2012 and was perfect ending to 2 weeks in Brazil. As others mentioned it is expensive but you are paying for a great location and the best service you can get in Rio (without the stuffiness of Copacabana Palace). After all Rio does not have many 5* hotel options.
The service at the hotel was honestly the best I have ever experienced anywhere in the world including other 5* hotels. Everyone worker we encountered spoke great english and was friendly and willing to help in anyway possible and helped make it a wonderful stay.
I had booked an ocean view room and at check in we were upgraded to the top floor which had an amazing view of Copacabana Beach 1 floor below the rooftop deck, pool and exercise room (Room 1812). Once we were in the room we were sent a complimentary welcome note and desert which was a much appreciated (and tasty) gesture.
Catherine (restaurant hostess) and Andre (Pool bar attendant) were also especially friendly and helpful with making the stay enjoyable by getting us anything we needed.
The rooms were a decent size and decorated nicely as one would except from a JW Marriott. Bathrooms and showers were on the small but not a big deal. What was great is all rooms have individual climate control to change the temperature which is rare in Brazil as well as amenities like an iron, robe, lots of English tv stations, stocked mini bar and fridge. The only downside is there are now open decks off the rooms.
The hotel does have a very large rooftop deck providing panorama views of Copacabana Beach, Rio and Christ Redeemer. Pool was very nice and refreshing and we chose to spend most of our time there instead of crossing the street to the beach. The hotel does have a private section reserved on the beach right across the street and will set you up with chairs, umbrella and towels.
The breakfast buffet has the largest selection of foods and is very well prepared. They had absolutely everything you could imagine or ever wanted and if they didn't have it out they would fix it for you in the kitchen. I would highly recommend booking a rate that includes breakfast it was well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The extraordinary JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro hotel offers seamless commuting to the city's best attractions, including Sugarloaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer and a variety of nightlife, restaurants and golf courses. The world-famous Copacabana beach is just steps away from our doors, and Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport is less than 10 miles away. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate our proximity to exciting activities like rock climbing, surfing and sailing. Guest rooms at our JW Marriott feature elegant decor, plush bedding, marble bathrooms and LCD TVs with international cable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Marriott Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Marriott
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio De Janeiro Brazil