2,486 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecopacabana beachgriffin clubfood truckrooftop poollounge accessocean viewplatinum memberconcierge desklobby barbeach serviceavenida atlanticafitness centerlate checkrooms are smallhotel is in a great locationsugarloaf mountain
Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

Our stay at JW Marriott on the Copacabana beach was great. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by smiling Antonio who took care of our luggage and made us welcome.

Check in was smooth and our room was ready. Had lunch at the restaurant on Lobby level.
Vagner waited on us and was very good and focused on making sure we were taken care of. He also waited on us the next morning at Buffet breakfast and made us feel at home. He prepared salads and mango juice for us. He ensured we did not miss anything.
The food was excellent also.

Our stay was great and special kudos to Antonio and Vagner. Look for their welcoming reception when you arrive at JW Rio deJaneiro.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
JW_Marriott_RJ, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2016

Dear Sundaresh K,

Thank you for taking your time to write this kind words to our hotel. It's priceless to know that in your stay at the JW Marriott Rio de Janeiro you felt like home, that's our main purpose. It is really rewarding to know that our facilities and associates were essential to make your trip even better. I am sure that Antonio and Vagner will be very happy to hear your comments. And I can ensure you that we are anxious to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Front Office Manager.

Reviewed December 22, 2016

I have stayed here several times. The location is great and the hotel nice. but for some reason, things are just a bit off. While my reservation was booked with my Marriott Rewards number, they did not know my status. The lounge is nice, but each time I stay, it is an adventure to figure out how things work. The spa is nice, with wonderful massage services. Staff is nice and friendly. Nothing really worng, but just a bit off from a JW Marriott.

Room Tip: If you can get one, the sea view rooms are best.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
JW_Marriott_RJ, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

Dear Pinecone-sw,
First of all, I’d like to thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay in our hotel and for loyalty as a Marriott Rewards member. Your feedback is important to help us to achieve excellence and offer better experiences. Indeed, we have had some recent adjustments on the Griffin Club in order to better serve our guests. I'm very glad to know that you enjoy our spa and our team could provide a truly attentive service. In your next visit, I invite you to know our newly renovated fitness center, located on the rooftop.
Hope host you again soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2016

Our party stayed at the JW Marriott Copacabana at the end of a trans-Atlantic cruise and it was everything we could have asked for.....pleasant, comfortable rooms and an outstanding staff. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome and were very helpful throughout the stay.
The location on Copacabana Beach was delightful and the views from the rooftop bar and pool were magnificent. We were able to enjoy the Friday barbeque and would recommend that to anyone there when it is being presented.
Rio was a beautiful city and I can only hope that I get back there one day. If so, I will certainly book this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
JW_Marriott_RJ, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2016

Dear lst0122,

You can't imagine how glad we are to know that you had an experience of excellence at our hotel. I am happy that our property facilities and our services helped to make your stay memorable. Our main purpose is to deliver unforgettable moments to our gusts. I truly hope to see you again very soon, and I take this opportunity to invite you to know our facial and body treatments at Mirante Health Club.

Reviewed December 18, 2016

Stayed in a very dark, drab Atrium room whose saving grace was the famous Marriott Bed which is really the most comfortable bed there is.

otherwise just another generic luxury chain hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
JW_Marriott_RJ, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

Dear Thulassi,

We are very sorry to know that our property didn't reach to your expectations. Although, we are glad that the comfort of our bed made your stay better. In your next visit you can try to book an Ocean View Room to experience our exclusive Copacabana Beach window view. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

Room wasn't ready on arrival but Gabriel, Cassio, Marianna on the rooftop were very accommodating, friendly and hospitable! Ramon was was very friendly upon checkin! Amanda in guest services was very friendly and even escorted me to my taxi.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Aaron L,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at JW Marriott Rio de Janeiro. Our main objective is to make our guest happy. I am sure that Gabriel, Cassio, Mariana and Ramon will be very happy to hear your kind words. We hope to see you very soon. In your next visit, be sure to seize our weekend barbecue on Moonlounge, the rooftop bar.