3,660 results
All reviewscipriani restaurantmain buildingiconic hotelpoolside restaurantgrand damepiano barpool areacity viewpool staffguest relationsbeautiful poolturn down serviceluxury hotelconcierge deskhotel guestsbeach serviceoverlooking the beach
Reviewed July 15, 2018

Having been living in Rio for 4 years, on our last evening we decided to stay in the Belmond Copacabana Palace, an absolute icon both in Rio and around the World. I had very high hopes for the quality and service of the hotel, based on reviews from friends, and I am happy to say that these were exceeded by far!

From the second we stepped in through the door the staff could not do enough for us. Maycon from guest service made sure we had everything we needed and we even received a complimentary bottle of bubbles to enjoy before dinner! The staff also all knew that my partner was planning to propose that night and went out of their way to make the experience extra special, without giving the game away!

We stayed in a sea view suite with the most amazing view of the Copacabana beach. The room itself was strikingly beautiful - a perfect mix of period architecture with luxury modern fittings. The bed was probably the most comfortable that I have ever slept in my life!

We also went to dinner at Mee restaurant which was equally unforgettable.

In short, our experience at the Copacabana Palace was totally unforgettable. Without a doubt the best hotel experience I have ever had - I wish that I could give more than 5 stars! I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to make an occasion extra special!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the sea have gorgeous views
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
AndreaNatal, General Director at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear Sir,
Firstly I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation after reading your very positive testimony. I am very glad that we were able to surpass your expectations and provide an outstanding and unforgettable experience. I noticed the compliments addressed to members of our team, accomodations, view and our MEE restaurant, among others. Indeed It was a very special moment.
Best wishes and come back soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a street view suite. It was big and beautiful. The service is absolutely outstanding. The pool and poor bar are to die for. Loads of quality fluffy towels available in the room and by the pool. They even have complimentary sunblock available. We had a fantastic dinner at Mee, where the food and service were impeccable.

Really awesome stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for sharing your very positive impression related to your recent stay with us. Indeed our pool area is very pleasant and much more beautiful after the renovation. Our team there is comitted to assist our guests as you could notice, mentioning the towels and sunblock. And I am very glad that you enjoyed our gastronomy at MEE restaurant.
Best wishes and come back soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Om the middle of the beach. The rooms are great and the service is really great. The food available is also what you expect of a hotel like this. The check inn process is effective and the staff is friendly

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank arnebirkeland
AndreaNatal, General Director at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you veru much for sending your very positive opinion related to your recent stay. I could notice the compliments addressed to our service, accomodations and gastronomy.
I hope you come back soon!
Best wishes!

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Historic hotel with striking architecture located right across the street from the beach. They even have a beach chair service and will watch your personal belongings when you go in the water. The pool area is quite nice too, so I was back and forth between the two. They helped arrange visits to Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf for me. My driver (Edison) was very informative and spoke very good English. I would not hesitate to recommend him. As much as I loved the hotel, all the staff that I interacted with were even better. Photos of the "Rich and Famous" hotel guests is on the Salon Level if you're interested in that sort of thing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your impressive testimony. All the details, such as our beach service, pool area and architecture, cleary demonstrate we could surpass your expectations, reinforcing with the visit to our famous Sugar Loaf and Christ the Redeemer.
I hope you keep coming to Rio and to "Copa"!
Best wishes!

Reviewed July 2, 2018

A glitzy place but we only came here for drink in a very nice bar by the inside pool. Nothing special just a G&T and a Negroni. Well what a disappointment. My G&T was served in huge thick glass and with lime, my wife's negroni had an ice cube in it the size of an iceberg, it almost was too big for the glass. We were not impressed, and the service was awful too. Form over function I would say.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
AndreaNatal, General Director at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear Sir,
I should to say that I have read your commentary in detail and would like to express my sincere apologies for the episode involving the cocktails. This is unusual. I assure you that I requested that it be verified and reinforced with the team in order to take the necessary measures.
Once again my apologies.