1,300 results
All reviews rooftop pool christ the redeemer safe area location is great air conditioner restaurants and shops yogurt leblon rio
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

You feel very well treated by a very nice and gentle staff, pretty good service, great linens and towels as well bath products, BUT it's a dated hotel, which refurbishment should've been done 5-10 years ago. In the second evening the elevators (all of them) were out of service and remained broken until my checkout. It's very well located at the heart of the fancy district of Leblon.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ivan T
Juliana Siqueir... P, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2017

Dear Mr. Ivan T,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you felt very well treated by our staff. This kind of feedback is extremely important and motivating to the whole team. I take the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience with the elevators on Sunday, but I am glad to inform that they are already working regularly. We hope to see you again in the near future. Best Regards, Juliana Pimentel

Reviewed February 11, 2017

Great location - close to everything, and right by the sea.
Spacious rooms with large windows. (cannot be opened - for safety).
Nice (but small) swimming pool on the top of the building with an extraordinary view.
Excellent bar service to provide you with lovely sorts of food and drinks.
Very communicative staff.

Super liked it!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Valentinari0000
Juliana Siqueir... P, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Dear Mrs. Valentina,

Thank you very much for your kind review about our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the near future! Best Regards, Juliana Pimentel

Reviewed January 24, 2017

This hotel is in a safe part of Rio-the Leblon Disrict. The view from our hotel covered the area including Christ the Redeemer to the beach areas. Magnificent views also from the rooftop. Leblon beach is directly across the road, and hotel clients have supplied to them free of charge, umbrellas, chairs and towels. The beach is splendid. The hotel has a swimming pool. Breakfast is good, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Importantly they speak English well. The Metro is around the corner and very, very easy to use. There are very good cafes and restaurants nearby. As an Australian, I would recommend this hotel, or similar hotels in the Leblon area. When walking along the Copacobana or Ipanema beach promenades the likelihhod of a torist being the victim of crime increases substantially. (Trust me- I was such a victim at Copacobana).

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick S
Juliana Siqueir... P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2017

Dear Mr. Patrick Saidi,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our excellent location, our services and facilities. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind Regards, Juliana Pimentel

Reviewed January 15, 2017

Pros:
- Excellent location. Leblon is a very very safe neighborhood. The hotel is just in front of the beach and also close to the metro station and just in front of the street where all buses stop.
- Excellent breakfast with lots of options and nice views.
- Very nice rooftop with views to Ipanema and Copacabana with a swimming pool.
- Free umbrella, chair and towel on the beach in front of the hotel. You just need to say the hotel number and they will set the umbrella, chair and towel for you on the beach. I found this very convenient.
Cons:
- Outdated rooms. Bathroom tub was a bit disgusting. It didn't seem very well cleaned. It needs rehabilitation.
- Central AC, which means you cannot control the temperature on your room (you just turn on and off). We had to call once because it was too hot. And then they change the temperature of the whole floor (it didn't change too much for us). It is very unusual for a hotel like this to not have climate control in each room...

Overall for me it seemed a bit expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Juliana Siqueir... P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

Dear Mr. Alain G,

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our services and our excellent location. Regarding the AC, it is a pleasure to inform you that we already have some renovated rooms with individual AC and temperature control. They are located on our Premium floor and it might attend you better. Please ask for conditions and availability in your next reservation. We hope to see you again in the near future and offer you a more pleasant stay with us. Best Regards, Juliana Pimentel.

Reviewed January 2, 2017

Stayed from 26Dec-31Dec16....Hotel is situated in prime location, it was my second stay within 3 months. The lobby has neutral color palette in dark caramel, granite floors and leather chairs. Room had contemporary decor from mid-1990´s and very comfortable bed. My room 1701 faced seaview and seaview was breathtaking. Bathroom has dated bathtub, chipped fiberglass but it is clean. Amenities are from Brazilian brand Trousseau and had very good quality. Breakfast has amazing team staff: friendly, offer you fresh juices, coffee, local pastries, baked banana and fresh ripe fruits. The breakfast room has amazing views of Leblon...Rooftop terrace has amazing views of Morro dois irmãos, Leblon, Ipanema, Christ, and Lagoon. Rooftop pool is very small but ok, bar is fine and there is a cocktail deal buy 1 get 2 drinks from 16-19h. The rooftop has two stages . Hotel was iconic and famous landmark in Rio. It was founded in 1981 and it is clearly showing sings of decay. Staff does the best to help you but poor maintenance and some cheap decor do not help a lot. There was a power outage that ruined my plans. When checked in I changed rooms three times: 1301, 1501 and 1701 , I needed a desk and the other rooms their desks or tables were swinging and instable. The relationship manager came to my room and noted the desks were instable and went to find the best room to fit my need which was 1701. On day 2 of my stay there was power outage at 2030h and all the guests had to be removed from hotel. The relationship manager and all other managers were at lobby managing crisis and talking to all guests. I asked about contingency plan and back up plan. Eventually I had to climb 17 floors to shower myself, then pick up my stuff and be transferred to another hotel in another neighborhgood. Hotel manager Fernando went up to help me pick the stuff in dark, offered me two sister hotels one in Copacabana - Golden Tulip Regente another in Sao Conrado. I was transferred to similar room category to Golden Tulip Regente Copacabana, with room facing seaview. The Marina hotel was closed and firemen and security indicated two days later it was not safe to return to hotel and power station was to be fixed but hotel was be permanently closed. Fernando the hotel manager was attentive to my comments but he could not do much. He agreed to return the money I already paid and only charge days I stayed at Marina. Eventually on 30Dec16 had to be removed from seaview Copacabana room to another room because Copacabana hotel had sold the seaview rooms to other guests who were spending the NYE at Copacabana. I asked sister or other hotels in Leblon or Ipanema and all hotels were full and they were unable to realocate me to neighborhood, only stayed in Copacabana. Fernando told me Marina Hotel is to be sold to another hotel group to be refurbished and remodelled. This hotel should not be open if this power outage was due to malfunctioning of power substation or poor maintenace. The hotel rates are very expensive to what hotel could offer. I reiterate the fact the hotel staff was helpful but that stay was totally ruined.

Room Tip: seaview rooms
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Juliana Siqueir... P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2017

Dear Mr. Arthur010,

On behalf of Marina Palace Rio Leblon Hotel, I would like to apologize once again for the inconvenience caused, but the decision of transfering all the guests to other hotels of our chain was specially to guarantee the comfort and safety of all our guests. We hope we have the chance to host you again in the near future and offer you a more pleasant stay with us. Please keep my contact details. It will be my pleasure to personally take care of your next reservation with us. I remain totally available for any questions or comments you may have. Kind Regards, Juliana Pimentel (juliana.pimentel@bhg.net)