I stayed in Best Western's Rio Copa for 2 nights. Overall it was alright (+good location,-noice coming from the big street) but when I left to the airport a senior member of the door staff tried to trick me with the taxi! He told me that it would cost 80 Reais and he would tell the driver not to take more. Since I have read in aguide that it would cost 56, I asked him whether he was sure about that. He replied things have changed and I should wait in the hotel lobby ... Instead of waiting inside I followed him and saw him talking with the taxi driver (normal yellow taxi) ... I was suspicious and decided to look for another taxi which at the end cost 48!
When i called the hotel from the airport, the guy who picked up listened to the story and put me on hold for more than 5 minutes (which was the moment when I hnug up) ... Things which are not necessary uncommon for an average hotel in south america, for a 4 star hotel (and the price you pay there) unbelievable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel is located just two blocks away from the world famous Copacabana beach. We are the ideal choice for visitors wishing to stay near the major Rio de Janeiro attractions. The Rio Copa Hotel offers wonderfully decorated rooms, full Service Restaurant, swimming pool and meeting facilities. Enjoy one of the world's favorite tourist destinations at the Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rio Copa Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Rio Copa Best Western
- Best Western Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Best Western
- Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil