Windsor Copa Hotel
US$148
US$118
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$85
US$213
US$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$111
US$230
US$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$85
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$171
  • Breakfast included
Copacabana Rio Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$52
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
US$353
US$341
1,111 results
All reviewsgreat locationrooms are smallfood for breakfastnice hotelwill stay there againmini fridgefamous beachfelt safebed was comfortablehotel is locatedreception deskexplore riothe hotel offershotel roomspoke englishperfect staystayed here for nights
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Perfect stay for a week long get-away. The hotels location is primo! Step out of the door, hang two quick lefts and your at the beach in 3 minutes if that. There are grocery and convinience stores within a block of the hotel. The entrance and lobby are nicely appointed, the door staff were always available and attentive, the front desk personnel were always helpful and courteous! Our room was super clean, modern modular furnishings, mini fridge, nice bathroom, flat screen, safe, desk, closet, free-wifi, fabulous water pressure. I will say that the rooms are not totally sound proofed but nothing kept me awake. (this is why I took off the 1 star) Now I will concurr that the rooms were not large but I really don't understand the issues with the rooms being small per other reviews. Your in an urban environment and I've stayed at hotels in NYC that cost way more and were smaller...The daily breakfast buffet which is included was great to me. Bacon, sausage, eggs, quiche, petite grilled ham and cheese sandwich's, assorted fresh fruits, yogurt, cereals, juices, coffee, tea, and assorted cold meats and cheeses...Overall, I loved staying at this hotel and would definately stay again...just remember, when you need a taxi make sure you ask for a metered taxi...there was one bell man that wanted to call a private car. (there is alway one in the bunch but hey...you are in Brazil!)

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back of the hotel and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mssalahuddin7
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your motivating and helpful feedback! It is a pleasure to hear that you were satisfied with our service. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast, room and location.
Also, I would like to thank you for your lovely comment about the all staff. We will be informing all of them of your positive observations to motivate them even further.

We all look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Rio.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any request.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you need a nice and affordable place to stay go to Windsor Copa. It's located in the middle of Copacabana. The rooms are clean and modern. Good bathroom.The staff is nice and helpful. Important thing - internet is free, though more expensive places around charge about $30 per day.Good breakfast too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OKIrisha
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear guets,

we would like to thank you for choosing and recommending the Windsor Copa Hotel.
I'm glad that you have enjoyed the various aspects of our hotel, such as the varied breakfast with a large selection of fruits, juices and breads; our location, free wi fi and service.
We appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back in Rio soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you happen to be in Rio and wants to stay in a nice and affordable place you can choose Windsor Copa. It's located in the middle of Copacabana. It is clean and modern. The rooms are not large but it is not bad for the price. The internet is free, while more expensive places around charge about $30 per day. Good breakfast is included. The staff is nice and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

we are grateful for being your choice in Rio de Janeiro and for taking time to publish your experience here.
I am very happy to hear how much you have enjoyed our breakfast menu, with a large selection of fresh fruits and juices. It's also nice to hear that you have enjoyed our service, location and the courtesy wifi internet accessible throughout the hotel.
We all hope to welcome you back at Windsor Copa soon.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

In a city of high priced hotel rooms, it was challenging to find a good option with gym near the beach which fit our budget. On the website, Windsor Copa looked like a decent average hotel and it proved to be just that. The hotel décor is super outdated and bland. The room was on the small side and there was only one night table, but the bed was comfortable and there was a nice balcony with peek a boo view of Christ the Redeemer. The bathroom was small, but the shower was big and there was a lot of counter space. The wi fi was fast and the TV had a few English language channels. There was a mini fridge, but it would have been good to also have a hot water pot as many hotels do. The gym was small but had top-of-the-line LifeFitness cardio equipment, one resistance machine, a giant TV, and great air con. One wall was a mirror and one was glass, so it gave the illusion of space. The location was good - one block from the beach and close to restaurants and a grocery store. One thing we rate poor was the food. The breakfast buffet (included in the room rate) had good fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, breads, and pastries, but all of the cooked food was greasy, heavy, and not tasty. We ordered room service one night and everything was below average. The staff was helpful and the room was very clean. Windsor Copa is a good option if you seek an affordable hotel in pricey Copacabana and don’t care too much about the décor, room size, and food.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor (top floor) and there was a balcony. I don’t think rooms on all floors have a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoriBarber
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear guest,

we would like to thank you for choosing the Windsor Copa on your recent trip to Rio and also for taking your time to help us through your comments. I'm glad that you have enjoyed our location, free wi-fi and the services provided by our staff!
We appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back in Rio soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that both my husband and I were sick during our 6 night stay in Rio and therefore had to remain in our room much more than expected. This is probably why we paid very much attention to the room, which was -- as everybody else said -- very tiny and absolutely bland. Ours (2nd floor) had a view on a wall between walls and was therefore very dark and smelling a bit dump. In addition to this, the noise from the water (?) pipes was terrible and woke us up at night a couple of times. The bathroom was of a decent size.
Apart from that, location was great and staff extremely professional. Breakfast was also very good. The housekeeping service was excellent-- very polite and kind ladies. We also had room service 3 times and the food was good and the service very quick (20 minutes). Price-wise the restaurant was ok, although I found Rio to be very expensive in general.
One thing that I did not like at all was the fact that one day before arrival I received an email from booking.com informing me that the credit card information provided upon booking (nearly one month earlier) was incorrect and if not clarified before a certain set time my booking would have been cancelled. I called the hotel immediately and found out that indeed I had made a mistake with one of the digits but still I was very annoyed that this was communicated to me via email and only one day before. What would have happened should I have had no access to my email?
Overall I would still recommend the hotel. Having read reviews on Tripadvisor before booking I was not expecting anything fancy, so if it is location you are after this is a great hotel which is fairly priced for Copacabana.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your preference while choosing Windsor Copa!
Thank you also for your compliments regarding our delicious breakfast, with a large variety of fresh seasonal fruits and juices. I am glad you have enjoyed our location, in the very heart Copacabana , 1 block from the beach and from the great restaurants and stores of the area, as much as you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.
We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!