See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed in casa verde, and had an amazing time. Stuart and Mauricio were incredible hosts and were very accommodating. We had a mishap a few months ago that prevented us from traveling on our scheduled date. They were very understanding and credited our deposit to our new booking date, something most places would not honor. The room was spacious and clean, and came with 2 very special alarm clocks, Bobby and Pepper, their 10 yr old Schnauzers. It was wonderful being greeted by them each morning. We were also presented with a lovely breakfast spread that included homemade zucchini cake that was delicious. We had so derful chats with Stuart and Mauricio who showed us how to use uber to conveniently get around and helped sort out our bus service for the next stay. The home is beautifully decorated and furnished and has a good location in the mountain with a view, yet close enough to the beach and downtown area. We certainly felt like we were treated like family and would stay here again in a heartbeat if we travel back to Rio. Thank you Stuart & Mauricio!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Stuart J, Owner at Casa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

HI Guys....It was our pleasure to welcome you nto our home...We are glad you finally made it...lol
If you ever return to Rio, we would love to see you again.
Stuart & Mauricio

Reviewed June 13, 2016

I had a wonderful time at Casa Verde. I wanted to see different sides of Rio so spent a couple of days in Ipanema doing the faster paced things then moved to Casa Verde to enjoy the quiet and lush scenery.

The property is beautiful with spacious rooms, (some with great views to the ocean) and lush gardens. There is a lovely pool for relaxing and even a steam room.

Breakfast was plenty with cakes and pastries and Stuart and Mauricio were helpful in providing for my special dietary needs. Mauricio bakes an amazing cake which couldn't be resisted!

The gardens were lovely and sometimes you could see beautiful birds and little monkeys. Even though the property had the feeling of being more remote I could still walk down to the beach to have a meal at a cafe which was handy.

The cab fare back into town was affordable when required and I believe there is buses nearby. They also organised a fixed price airport cab for me which was really good value.

As I was traveling solo I was a little concerned about how I would manage being out of town but Stuart and Mauricio were wonderful hosts who were keen to help with any enquiries.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2016

We had an amazing stay in Casa Verde! Mauricio and Stuart were wonderful hosts, the house was beautiful and well situated. The dogs Bobbi and Pepper were friendly and fun to have around. Would love to return :)

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea N
Reviewed November 6, 2015

I can't say enough about the hospitality and warmth I received from owners Stuart and Mauricio during my four-day stay. I left feeling like part of the family. The surroundings and the accommodation were lush and comfortable and the breakfasts, with homemade baked goods were something I looked forward to each morning. My room was large and airy with a gorgeous marble bathroom and a glassed-in shower. I was close to the pool with a view of the canopy of trees and a slice of the beach. Although Casa Verde is in Sao Conrado, which is what gives it the feeling of countryside in the city, it's still very easy and inexpensive to get around Rio by taxi. So if you want to experience what Rio has to offer, yet have a peaceful setting, Casa Verde is the place. The adorable miniature schnauzers, Pepper and Bobby, certainly added to the homey feeling.

Room Tip: Top rooms offer the most amazing views. My room was near the pool and next to fabulous hotel-quality steam room and outdoor pool.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2015

The place is a bed and breakfast managed by two amazing guys. The place is cozy and comfortable. I have a very spacious room with a queen size bed. My partner had an smaller room, but with an amazing balcony with a great view.

The swimming pool is too small to swim, but it is ok to relax a little. The place is also sunny, and they have 2 friendly pets.

It is not so simple to get cabs going there, even using apps. I had to wait as long as 15 minutes a couple of times, and it was an Uber who came. But no issue coming back. Very close to the Fashion Mall and the beach.

I´d come back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for the big balcony room
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business