All reviewssanta teresarecommend casaloft roomsmall monkeysfresh juicefavela tourrestaurants within walking distancebed and breakfastfelt like homestayed nightsalways felt safehome away from homefantastic stayvisiting rioantoinetortoiseshosts
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Wow! I’m still buzzing off my trip to Rio- and my stay at Casa Beleza! Having never been in South America before I was a little worried and unsure of what to expect once landing in the city. I feel so fortunate and lucky that we were able to stay in such a comfortable and safe environment. Bindu was such a warm and accommodating host who answered all of our questions and was patient and helpful is leading us to the best areas in Santa Teresa. She even helped us arrange a driver who spoke decent English and who was able to take us to various parts of the city. The property is a vacation all in itself, and really sets the mood for relaxing and tropical luxury! The breakfast provided was fresh & so delicious. Everything is above and beyond what we would have ever expected. The views were gorgeous! Thank you to Bindu & her warm and awesome family for making us feel at home and welcome. We are already planning our next trip back & we can’t wait to stay at Casa Beleza again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Casa-Beleza, Owner at Casa Beleza, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

LOVED having these cool rock 'n' rollers in the house, and we are dying to see your band play here in Rio to have you back here!

Thanks for your review, xo

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

If I could give Casa Beleza a hundred stars I would! I’m SO happy I opted for this exquisite, historical property; it truly is like a portal to another time. Bindu is such a terrific host—she is helpful, accommodating and warm—she and her family are very cool people. She provided us with a delicious tropical breakfast every morning and gave us the run down on the area when we got there. Santa Teresa is a VERY COOL neighborhood; as an Angeleno, it reminds me of my beloved Echo Park. The villa is clean and spacious, with a sparkling, modern bathroom. Its huge glass sliding doors that take you out to the patio offer a terrific view of the lush flora and fauna of the jungle, and the terrace offers nice city views. I am so grateful to have found this gem and would definitely stay there again if visiting Rio.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2017

We just loved our stay at Casa Beleza! Such a wonderful location, so tranquil yet so close to some great local restaurants and bars. The room was perfect for us, very comfortable and very private with our own verandah overlooking the beautiful tropical gardens where we watched the small monkeys playing in the trees. Breakfast by the pool was an absolute delight. Very friendly and helpful host. Would definitely recommend and would love to stay again.

Room Tip: Bungalow and villa accessed via a number of steps through the garden, but worth it if you don't mind the extra exercise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Casa-Beleza, Owner at Casa Beleza, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Thanks AnnieNannie! It's true that we also feel lucky to share our amazing natural surroundings with the butterflies, hummingbirds, toucans, monkeys and other residents!

So glad you enjoyed your stay, thanks for your review!

Beijos,
Bindu and Antoine

Reviewed October 9, 2017

We cannot recommend this B&B enough. The accommodation is well located, restaurants are within easy walking distance. The room was very spacious and clean, the hosts are very friendly and really helpful and the breakfast was delicious.

We also highly recommend booking the favela tour with Paulo - it was one of the highlights of our stay in Rio!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Casa-Beleza, Owner at Casa Beleza, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us, and the favela tour is truly an amazing experience!

All the best,
Bindu

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Having started our journey to South America in Rio de Janeiro, we stayed for 4 days at Casa Beleza in Santa Theresa. A wonderful and inspiring beginning for us, that' my wife, our younger son and me. We had a pleasant room, extraordinary breakfast in the garden and the host family offered us all we needed. We loved Rio and can truly recommend Casa Beleza as a top Pousada.

Stayed: August 2017
Casa-Beleza, Owner at Casa Beleza, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

It was a joy to have this beautiful, smiling family with us! Thanks for the kind review!