1,704 results
All reviews lagoon view club access plenty of lounge chairs beautiful hotel rooms are great club level barra beach nespresso machine concierge team beach hotel depending on traffic nice balcony four seasons the entire hotel five star hotel rooms are modern restaurant staff
Reviewed July 19, 2016

The service from everyone that I encountered was amazing! Booking a club room was worth every cent.The ever changing food options that were provided were absolutely delicious. Even though it is far from Ipanema and Cocacobana you get an UberX to take you there for around $15USD depending upon traffick and the exchange rate. The toiletries are high quality so I stocked up and passed them out as souvenirs. The spa is absolutely amazing and unique. Instead of having to share a locker room, you are whisked away to a private spa suite that comes equipped with your own steam shower, toilet, sink, locker, bathrobe, slippers, and spa amenities. This hotel has it ALL!

Room tip: Paying extra for the club room is worth it!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank CMCTIER
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful location with great view and comfort.
The beach in front of the hotel is quiet and amazing
Restaurant and breakfast were excellent
And the staff is so nice and joyful
A bit far from city center but absolutely no regret, I recommend this hotel for your future trip in Rio!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Grand Hyatt Rio - what can I say....SIMPLY SUPERB. My visit began when my friends and I decide to venture into south America and visit Brazil's premier city Rio de Janeiro. Upon arrival we hopped into a cab to our destined Grand Hyatt Rio. When we arrived at the hotel they had a gran welcoming party to open the taxi door and grab our luggage's with awesome sense of urgency and big smiles. We were welcomed and at that point the huge front doors were opened and we were ushered into the grand reception area where they had a group of handsome men to check us in. I was assisted by Marlon who was super friendly and helpful and just very nice. He welcomed us once again to the hotel and made some small talk while getting us checked in. The front desk staff like the bellmen were to most genuine customer service representatives I've ever came across. The hotel at this point was only opened 2 months so it was not 100% occupied so I was able to get a complimentary upgrade to the 7th floor grand level where I had a great room with the best view ever. ( See photos) The room came with robes, slippers, mini bar, bottled waters complimentary, iron and iron board, wifi, large tub, standing shower and even adapters for those who forget their adapter. The king bed was so comfortable and plush. The room came with a balcony which was the point of the most amazing view ever. I had view of the whole courtyard, pool and direct view of the ocean. The toiletries were lavender and smelled so very good. Room also came equipped with insect repellent just in case u forget yours. On the grand club level I had the opportunity to meet Ms. Patricia who had the best smile ever and we had some great conversations. Thank you for been part of the experience Ms. Patricia. We decided to explore and found ourselves on lobby level at the restaurant overlooking the pool. Food was good and the drinks even better. Great staff as well, all came to say hello and ask us if we were comfortable. After lunch we went exploring more when we came across the lounge area behind the Italian restaurant with the most comfortable chairs. There was still work been done on the hotel as well as the construction of two additional wings. The pool area had an ample supply of chairs and towels and staff to accommodate any request. It is not heated though. There is also a garden pool for the effect. There is a great fitness center with ample supply of work out equipment, spa area where I received one of the best massages ever. Maria was great and the spa receptionists were all great as well. Breakfast was always amazing and so fresh. We got to meet Sharon - best smile and eyes ever, Christian - sexy and friendly , and wellmenton - another amazing hard worker and all great customer service representative for the restaurant. They care about their customers and make sure all our needs were met. They went above and beyond. There were others too the were great. I loved the Grand Hyatt Rio. By the way it says Rio but it's actually in the Barra area which is 35- 45 minutes from the crazy hustle and bustle of the center of cite or Ipanema or Copacabana area. But it's it worth the stay. I can't wait to go back to the Grand Hyatt Rio. Thank u for a great stay every one and keep up the great service.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sven R
Reviewed July 13, 2016

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro for a week in June and I have to say that Hyatt should be very happy to have this new property in its portfolio. It outdoes almost any of the high-end resort hotels that I've stayed in. What makes it so great is that not only has it been beautifully designed, but the people working here somehow completely overcome the "chain hotel" stiffness. So you end up getting to stay in a brand new, gorgeous hotel that happens to be very warm and friendly. When I stayed here it seemed only lightly occupied, which meant that I had basically free reign over the pool and the grand club. Like having a beautiful apartment complex to yourself! It will no doubt get much busier as the word gets out, but as long as the hotel can handle crowds it should be a wonderful place to go for a beach vacation. The beach outside is great, and is made even better by all the reasonably priced beach stands selling everything from coconuts to beer to caipirinhas. The food at the hotel is top notch; including at the grand club, which features fresh salad, juices, breakfast, and a hot plate every night. Many of the staff are new and just learning but their heart shines through in their work. I am a big fan of this hotel, as you can tell, and am already planning my trip back!

Aside: staying here means you do have a longer car ride to get to the busy beaches of Ipanema and the tourist sites. If your trip is mainly focused on site-seeing, then you may want to stay in Ipanema, but if you are after a beach vacation, the Grand Hyatt is wonderful.

Trip type: Travelled on business