“Regular”

Nacional Inn Campinas Hotel
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in Campinas
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Works perfectly as a hotel. But it's hard to find a power source in the room, there is no free parking lot, and everything looks old.
I spent one night and I didn't have any trouble. It's cheap and easy to check in and check out.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 May 2016

The reason why we ended up in this hotel was because we needed a possibility to do laundry. This hotel seemed to be the only one in Campinas which offerd that on a weekend. The staff was extremely nice and offered us a laundry service (which worked fine, but was a little expensive).
The rest of the hotel was just awful. Our room was not very clean, the matrasses uncomfortable and very old. The windows were not a bit insulated, so it was noisy and cold inside the room. We did not sleep well.
Also they offered the most horrible breakfast buffet I ever saw. Nothing tasted good, many things didn´t even have a taste. I am pretty sure the coffee was not real coffee. We could only eat very little and still had a stomachache afterwards.
Technically they offer Wifi, but we only got one access for two persons, so we could not use Internet at the same time. And we were staying at a room with two beds! Also you get only a small data volume for free, afterwards you have to pay.
The hotel is located a little outside from the city, directly at a highway. The only food you can get outside of the hotel is fastfood.
On the plus side I have to say that staying at this hotel costs very little.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2016

We had a family Christmas party to go in Campinas and needed a place to sleep from December 24th to 25th. We chose the Nacional Inn because of its proximity, only reason.
In the end, I was pleasantly surprised with our stay - rooms are big and clean; bathroom had a huge bathtub, employees were very kind and helpful. And the breakfast was great. I would go back even for a quick rest on an average weekend.

Others review complain tha the hotel is old, but so what? Yes, it is old and beautiful.
I did not have the chance to go to the pool, but I could see if from our window and it looks great, mainly for children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bathtub
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This is indeed an old hotel, but nothing to concern because things work perfectly and it's very comfortable.

Even though Free internet speed is not that marvelous thing, you can pay for a better one in the hotel.

There is always a good price if you buy on internet R$150,00 (3 people)/night.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
FlavioAquino, Gerente de relações com clientes at Nacional Inn Campinas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Dear Guest.

Thank you for sending your opinion. We hope to improve them. Your impression of our good price indicates that we respect their choice.
We wait a next trip.
Congratulations.

Flávio Aquino
Relationships Manager

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

It's an average hotel and it looks a old.
The wifi speed could be better.
The breakfast was good as well the lunch buffet, but its not worth the price charged.
They should upgrade the a/c that is old and inefficient, they need to get new mattress and get rid of the carpet at the hall.
If you stay here don't take the room towards the road because it's really noisy, to have an idea I stayed on the 6th floor and still was noisy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Not recommended.
Old facilities, old air conditioning (noisy and inefficient), old decoration, poor wi-fi signal, bad and dangerous location (no way for a woman walk around alone at night).
The company I work paid the bill but I believe that this is an expensive hotel.

Needs a refurbishment urgently!!

Positive points: dinner was good. Shower was good too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2010

A Brazilian friend reserved a room for me here as I was in Campinas for a wedding. I was skeptical when I saw the lobby but was disgusted when I saw the room. Hallway and room smelled like urine. The room, seemingly designed and decorated in 1975 (including the mattress) was in disrepair (desk, dresser and bureau falling apart). Woke up and left. Moved to the Tryp hotel, which for about $30usd more was like staying in the 4 seasons.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple