“Awesome hostel! ”
Review of O de Casa Hostel

O de Casa Hostel
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I only stayed for one night, however the place had an awesome vibe. My private room was spacious and both the room and bathroom were clean. I received a welcome caprihinha on arrival and the staff were especially lovey and helpful. The place has a great atmosphere and is in a good location (near nice cafes, restaurants and bars) in Vila Madalena. There is lots of hammocks and a nice little chill out area as well - which I enjoyed. The only negatives was that breakfast was not included (and didn't have a great breakfast menu to buy either) and there was no air conditioning in the rooms.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 February 2017

We do love the place but we need to share the same point of view that some other customers. We went there once to drink one Caipirinha. We ordered two of them to Charline who was the barmaid this day. We sat at the bar, just in front of her. 5 minutes later, a group of people came to order 6 caipirinhas and went upstairs. Charline started then to do the 8 caipirinhas : and as we all know, it takes time to make a cocktail...
We would have found better to do ours first since we ordered first and since we were in front of her. So we decided to tell her in a nice way and told her if she could do them for us first since we just had done some sport and were very thirsty. And she replied to us, in a very unfriendly way, "The others are thirsty as well.". This is just absolutely not acceptable ! And we did ask in a very nice way...
But she finally did ours first and we never received any snacks while all the other tables did. We will definitely avoid the place when she is there!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex R
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Nice hostel at a decent price. English-speaking staff who were very helpful. Cleaning could be improved (in bathrooms specially), but otherwise good. Good location in Vila. Close to good restaurants and nice bars.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank mettethomsen87
Reviewed 30 November 2016

I really enjoyed my time here. I got a private room with my fiancee for about $30 USD/person per night. Clean unisex toilets and female/male each had their own shower space. Loved chilling on the hammocks outside of our rooms in the morning.

Our friends shared a 6 person room for $27/person for TWO nights. Best deal in the area!

My absolute favorite part of this hostel is the friendly staff especially LUIS in the front! He is awesome and very helpful. The food items here are some of the best hostel food I've ever had. They had this delicious proscuitto sandwich where they torched the cheese and toasted the bread and oh my goodness... some of the best sandwich I've ever had! Great beer selection at the bar too and I heard their breakfast was amazing but I woke up too late to try.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank JanetL111
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here to go to the grand prix.

What a lovely spot in a really nice area of the city. Thoroughly recommend.

There are some very rough areas of Sao Paulo but it's nice here. Also the general English is poor but the hostel staff could speak good English and we're very helpful.

One point though. I booked through hostel world and my request for two people in two rooms was not sent on correctly so perhaps put a comment on too.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Darren R
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Really nice atmosphere, good drinks and a good range of handcrafted beer. Amazing location, in the heart of Vila Madalena, one of the most bohemian neighborhood!

I've booked a suite, but when I got there they said it wans't a suit and I had to stay in a room for two with shared bathroom. After 10 minutes in the room, thay said I was in the wrong room and the had to move to another one, that appearently there was no differences between them, However when I changed the new room was smaller and with no air conditioner , so we left.

Also the price is not cheap for what they offer, you basically pay for the location.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fernando August... B
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at the hostel. It was nice the hostel is pretty clean overall. When arriving we had no bed linen, so we slept in our own sleepingbags. The next few days they didn't clean the room so we kept on sleeping in our own bags. The hostel had a public bar up front, which was sometimes very noisy (especially when trying to sleep..).
During the evening/nights, there seems to be no staff at the 'hostel area', only at the bar so we we're woken up by partypeople going out and coming home every night.
Overall a good hostel but I guess we just had very active neighbours :)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple