“Visiting Sao Paulo for business”

Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
Ranked #7 of 325 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Buenos Aires
“Visiting Sao Paulo for business”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have spent 3 nights at this hotel this April, after almost 3 years.
The hotel maintains the good quality of its services, with staff that are very willing to assist you. The room was very comfortable and very well maintained.
I only had breakfast at the hotel, but again I was happily surprised by the variaty of fruit, croassants, and excelent service of its staff.
Even the Friday was the beginning of a long week end, which meant not that much guests at the hotel, the service was first class.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear guest, We are happy to receive your review and your feedback!
I will share your feedback with our entire staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sao Paulo!
Gil Zanchi | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here for two nights in March on business.

Pros
Gorgeous public areas. The bar is nice and there's this great chillout space in the back by the restaurant/breakfast area. All very modern and sleek.
GREAT gym. Really big for a hotel gym with lots of equipment.
Great grocery story a block or two away. (Pao de Azucar or however you spell it.)
Nice sushi bar in the lobby where I ate one night.
Nice location. Margherita's pizza down the road is quite lively and fun on a Sunday night.
Great breakfast. They'll make you omelets. (My breakfast was included in my rate.)

Cons
The rooms are old. Ugly carpet.
The bathroom was a bit run down and the shower was very small. (Although I appreciated the little metal ledge thingie to help you shave your legs.)
I had a bottle of Evian from the plane that I brought with me to the hotel. Housekeeping thought it was the hotel's Evian (although my bottle was in English and their's in Portuguese) so I had to get that removed from my bill. A minor quibble though because as soon as I showed them my bottle of Evian, they were cool.

I guess my thought it that you could end up paying a lot for this and I've stayed at nicer hotels for the same or less.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Love this Hotel but not overly keen on Sao Paulo. The large reception area is in the main entrance which is shared by a large open planned bar with comfortable seating. Coffee is also served which has to be the best I have tasted. The staff in the Bar and Reception area are simply great, very friendly, professional and polite and a pleasure to deal with.

My room on the 2nd floor was spacious and clean with a large bathroom. It was nice to have the choice of the walk in shower or separate bath tub. In the room there is a mini bar and flat screen TV with a good choice of channels. I had two double beds and great soft pillows. Food and snacks in the hotel is of a high quality however it tends to be on the expensive side. Generally Brazil is quite expensive.

In the vicinity of the Hotel there are a few bars and restaurants but if going out at night its advisable to be in either a group or take a taxi.

Although not one of my favourite destinations its always a pleasure to stay at this Hotel, having visited many times the staff still retain there smiles, friendly and accommodating nature. Excellent.

Worth mentioning is the great Gym and Spa adjacent to a small but nice outdoor pool. Spa prices were quite expensive 88 Brazillian Real for a 30 min massage.

Room Tip: Opposite the front of the Hotel there is some construction work taking place. Although I had a side...
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Overall I have mixed reviews of this hotel. It has been upgraded and the general appearance looks fresh. The hotel is in a good central location within walking distance to several restaurants. Nice reception area and lobby bar. The restaurant at the hotel has an excellent lunch buffet. If you upgrade or have Gold status you will enjoy the amenities of the Executive Lounge on the 23rd floor with a good view and an excellent selection of snacks and drinks along with morning breakfast. Although the rooms are upgraded, some travelers will find the size of the rooms are small (similar to many European hotels). The worst part was that the walls seem paper-thin. I heard a lot of noise from children in another room and the TV was on early in the morning which woke me in the morning. The rates of the rooms fluctuate a lot and can be quite expensive.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

The worst aspect of the stay was the terrible and rude attitude of staff at the first floorSpa reception. The staff were overtly rude and indifferent. There are serious training issues at this department of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank UKbusinesstravellers
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear Guest, We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret what appears to have been a horrible experience at our Spa. Please accept our sincere apology for that.
We will take immediate actions to prevent that from happening again. Thank you again for your review!
Ana Paula Neves | Spa & Fitness Manager
Revere, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The employees at Renaissance Sao Paolo were the most friendly and accommodating I can ever remember encountering. The room was very nice and the hotel was modern and pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank your for your wonderful feedback! I I will share your kind words with our team of ambassadors. We hope we can welcome you again at our hotel on your next visit to Sao Paulo!
Gil Zanchi | General Manager
Luanda, Angola
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

Good hotel with good modern rooms and great gym. Some friends used the SPA and they also had good reviews. Resturants, arrived late and thus on the first night had a light supper in the sushi bar which I rated highly. Breakfast was expensive and very weak though. Weak as in a very limited choice of food options in comparison to other hotels I stayed in Brasil. With so many restaurants we opted to eat out every night. Check in was slow, oh very slow but check out was great and fast. Porters how ever where the let down, they just did not want to work. Took my own luggage from the taxi to my room on check in and on departure I was under the impression they preferred to stand in the corner and talk. Overall a good modern hotel.

Stayed March 2012