“your home at Sao Paulo”

Ranked #50 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Sao Carlos, SP
“your home at Sao Paulo”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Spacious rooms , clean and near the Shops at Oscar Freire street and very easy to go to anywhere you want.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank aleterruggi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I'm staying at the Comfort Suites at the moment and am entirely satisfied. The location is fantastic, the staff friendly, the bed comfortable and the breakfast superb. I'm here on business and spend a lot of time working in my room - the internet connection is good and I love having the opportunity to take a break at the pool at the top of the building. The pool is small but it's clean and there are great views of the city - there's also a small area for sunbathing. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in Sao Paulo.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Julia M
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This hotel is pretty good - nice room with a/c, comfortable bed, etc. Breakfast was pretty good as well.

Location is excellent for shopping on the Oscar Freire street. You'll probably still need to take a taxi a good number of times, though.

Had some issues about them not having received my payment via my hotels.com booking, but all ended up working out fine in the end. The staff was really really friendly throughout the entire confusion, which was much appreciated.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel5153
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2011

the pros:
Situated in a good neighbourhood, felt safe at night walking on my own.
Lots of shops, bars, restaurants etc nearby.
Spacious, clean room, felt safe and secure
Everything you need in the room: fridge, safe, iron, etc.
Wonderful views of the city from the roof terrace
The gym was well equipped and fairly modern.
Fantastic breakfast

the cons:
The major downside for me was that nobody there speaks English. I was made to feel like a second class citizen for having a low level of Portugese, which was really humiliating. This made basic things like ordering room service or asking for a taxi really difficult. When I called up to order room service one night, I was passed between three people, the last one just laughed at me and hung up. I had to go through this process twice, which is quite painful after a long day at work. In fact, the first person I met who spoke English was the guy on reception upon check out! I appreciate that this is Brazil, but in an International business hotel I'd expect at least a couple of people to be multilingual and more helpful.
The pool looks beautiful in the photos but in reality is tiny and unappealing. When I was there, there was a dirty greasy film floating on the water, which put me off going in.
Be aware that the hotel allows pets in the rooms. I was next to a guest with a very noisy yappy dog, which kept me awake throughout the night.
In general the hotel is satisfactory but lacks any kind of individual character. The public areas feel sterile and the staff were unfriendly.

Room Tip: You need to specify if you want a non smoking room, and then repeat this on check in. Even then, you...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank fi_earthling
Pelotas, RS
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I usually stay at this hotel given my association with the Univ of S. Paulo. It is well kept, staff are friendly, and prices are decent in a city where it seems everyone lost the sense of value for money. The apartments are of good size, with two single beds or a double bed, lcd tv, sofa, desk, wardrobe, electronic safe and a decent bathroom. Cabled internet is available for free, and it is fast! Breakfast is varied and includes traditional continental and light choices.

Room Tip: Ask for the non-smoking floors.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank VSOP_AOC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 April 2011

The location of this hotel is fabulous. The neighborhood is gorgeous and the closeness to Rue Oscar Freire is perfect , that is if thats is where you want to be.
The staff needs some customer service training, specially front desk.
The furniture in the lobby and in the rooms also need to be updated. The is s TORN big brown puff a you come into the lobby.... there is never a second opportunity to make a good first impression.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank LorenaMP
Ribeirao Preto, SP
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a night only (from saturdar to sunday), during the day the street in front of the hotel is rather noisy, since buses many speeds up there as well as cars. However, windows have good isolation when closed, improving your sleep after lunch. The problem I faced on my room 503 was the air conditioning, every minute a strong noise came from there, but I only realized it when I came back from the wedding party at 2:30 a.m., since I had not turned the AC on during the day. At that time probably I wouldn´t find anyone on the hotel to fix this, so I attempted to sleep anyway. Needless to say that my night was not that good. The staff on the previous day informed me that the breakfest was available until 10:30, I advise you not to get late, since I got to the place at 10:20 and waiters were withdrawing the food, dishes and cutterly and taking to backoffice. I had to build a castle 20 cm-high on my dish otherwise I would end up with no food. The parking service system, when I check out, got out of order, that led me to find my car by myself on the parking lot. After all, in spite of the good location (500m from Sumare Metro Station and close to grocery stores), the apparent cleaniness and the brand, I think there are better value for money options in Sao Paulo.
Jose Inacio - Brazil