“What a wonderful world!”

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #11 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Being Diamond members of HHilton Honors, we did upgrade to a residential suite which was incredible. From the moment we checked in on the 26th floor, we were treated like royalty... and everyone spoke perfect English...how does that happen!? I a city so massive and confusing, the advise we received for every activity that we did was right on target... a relief from the pressures and traffic of America's largest city. And after four days of fighting the legendary traffic, we just went downstairs to the shopping plaza underground and enjoyed two sumptious meals at two different restaurants. The service at the hotel was fabulous and polite, making this a perfect stay. If you're going to Sao Paulo, here is your hotel.

Room Tip: Travel after 9.30AM and before 4PM.... the traffic is a nightmare is Sao Paulo... you'll never g...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ssantos, Administrarive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Toddahi,

Thank you for sharing such a nice review with the other travelers of the world!
I am also happy to know that you enjoyed each moment of your experience from the check-in to your accommodation. Knowing that you are a Hilton Honors Diamond member gives even more weight to your opinion since you are a frequent user of Hilton Hotels.
The executive lounge is the place where we most indulge our guests. I am happy to know you felt that way. We are very proud of our team!
The communication access the hotel has underground with the shopping is something that can add more options to the guest’s experience. You can find restaurants, gift shops, coffee shops, bookstores, drugstore and many more conveniences to make you stay even more comfortable.
Thank you for recommending our hotel. We will keep doing our best to satisfy each and everyone that stays with us.
It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again!

Sandra Santos

Write a ReviewReviews (2,890)

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I like this Hotel as basically U can imagin Mixture of Brazilians Politness plus Hilton cosiness.Rooms are veerry Good and lubby is Luxuorios.Good for Hilton.

Room Tip: Coner High roome are better
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
ssantos, Administrative Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Persia1971,

Thank you very much for writing a review.
I am glad to know that you were treated with politeness and could feel the warmth of Hilton’s hospitality. We are very proud of our team.
We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the room you were accommodated in and with our structure.

Thank you for sharing your impressions with other travelers.
We hope to have you back in our hotel!

With the kindest regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I had an opportunity to stay the the Hilton Morumbi Sao Paulo for four days in Nov 2011 while on a business trip. The building is very impressive and modern and the hotel lobby is very nice and spacious. Very well decorated. The hotel room that I stayed in was also very nice. Very comfortable accommodations. I had a corner room with a view of the Morumbi bridge which was breathtaking. Hotel staff was also very hospitable and attentive to my requests. I will say that the one issue I had with the hotel is its location. It's location is not the best; not at all close to my office building (or any Sao Paulo favorite tourist destinations) so I had to catch a taxi to get everywhere (and taxis are quite expensive). Other than location, I would say that I had a great stay at this hotel and I recommend this hotel property to anyone visiting Sao Paulo

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear eboogie74,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
It is very useful not only for other travelers for experience exchanges, but for the hotels’ to know more of what our guests are looking for.
We are very happy to know that you had a pleasant experience in November!
Thank you for the compliments to our structure. The Corner Room is very good and it gets even better when you can enjoy a beautiful view such as the Estaiada Bridge.
Our staff is great! As you said, they are very attentive and hospitable, thank you.
Regarding the location, I am sorry to know that your office is not really close to us. But I am also happy to know that you chose to stay with us even though!
Thinking about the tourism destinations, they are spread along the city so it would be challenging to find a particular hotel where you could access many of them easily. The good news is that São Paulo’s subway map is growing as we speak and it will make the rides easier, faster and of lower cost for every one!
Once again, thank you for your review.
We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2012

You know that feeling you get when everything is right, almost too right?
Either you're in Stepford or in a place without a soul.
The Hilton Morumbi is the second.
From the moment you walk in everything is in place. You could be at any Hilton. Anywhere.
That is fine for some people.
You'd never know you were in Sao Paulo, except for the fact that not many of the front desk staff (or those on the phones) speak fluent English.
Honestly, I don't know why anybody would stay here if they aren't working in the attached buildings. There is nothing nearby, there is nothing to do & the "mall" attached to it is for locals - even the restaurants have nothing in English.
Crime in Sao Paulo is very bad, so don't bring anything nice. The hotel has safes in each room, but why chance it. You can't wear your watch.
You have to be very careful with cabs, too. Unfortunately, the staff at the Hilton doesn't help you with this. When I was checking out and asked for a cab that takes AmEx, they assured me they'd get me one. The cabbie they were ready to send me with told me he took AmEx, but he'd have to stop at a hotel and have them run the card. Dodgy to say the least! And, this was set up by the hotel!
The Hilton is just as much in denial about the crime in Sao Paulo as the government is. they figure if they don't mention it, it won't happen. Yet, it is rampant!
They are very good about early arrivals due to the number of overnight flights that land in Sao Paulo.
You'll get a good night's sleep. And, probably the best thing about this hotel is that the air conditioning stays on when you're out, so the room doesn't heat up & get all stuffy while you're out!
As far as rooms go, either you look at a building or a bridge, so ask for the bridge side.
One of the things I look for in a hotel is how they recognize & award frequent guests, companies that use it frequently and guests with no standing.
I fell into the 2nd grouping on this trip. My company puts lots of people in this hotel all the time, but they did nothing for me, while readily giving upgrades to people who came in before and after me who chatted to them in fluent Portuguese.
The elevators are a bit slow.
The rooms are a decent size and have a good working space.
The bathrooms are large, but the showers are dark.
The towels are skimpy, which is unfortunate.
There is a great make-up mirror, something which is missing in too many hotels!
The TV has few options in English, but they were in the middle of switching to a new cable/satellite system.
Housekeeping was fine, until the one day when I got no washcloths at all. Zip.
Dry cleaning & laundry wasn't returned by the promised 8pm. The front desk's answer was "maybe they were busy and it was a big day." That isn't my issue. They need to plan for that.
The list:
Towels: skimpy
Phone service/attendants: below average as they barely speak English
Shower pressure: OK
Front desk: below average as they barely speak English
Bed: Fine/Average
Sheets/Bedding: Fine/Average
Room size: Above average
Location: below average, as nothing is in walking distance & cabs in San Paulo can be very dangerous.
Room service: overpriced

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bridge on a high floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ssantos, Administrative Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear ilovemanhattanNyc,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with the other travelers of Tripdvisor.
As a senior contributor I can see you have the opportunity to experience many stays in many different hotels.
I am truly concerned about your comment.
Even though we seek to offer perfection to our guests when don’t want to loose the warmth of the hospitality spirit.
Our hotel is not located in the central area, but in a business area which is still maturing its entertainment offers.
Some of the points you mention are challenges we are improving in the city. Credit card paid taxis for example – the offer of those are still increasing. Channels in English: the cable TV options are very limited compared to the selection of channels available in the US.
But, what really call my attention is not the comments regarding those services, but the review on our staff.
Thank you for sharing you impression. I will forward it to the executive team to be considered. We believe that training must be a constant. We always have room for improvement.
You review will help us with this improvement.
Regarding advising our guest to avoid wearing watches or warning about being attentive when in the streets, it is a common procedure not only here, but in many other destinations.

Thank you once again for you comments. We hope to have you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here for two weeks on business. The hotel is nice and spacious when it comes to everything. I had a corner room and found it quite comfortable. Hotel staff is very hospitable and accommodating to almost every need. I will say the location is not the best so be prepared to catch a taxi or drive to better areas. Jardins area is about 20 mins away w/o Sao Paulo traffic just to give you an idea.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. Breakfast and internet was included during my stay so I found that to be very helpful during the stay. The hotel is however connected to the Sao Paulo World Trade Center so you have plenty of restaurants and some shops to visit if you don't ever want to leave the hotel. It's definitely in the business district of Sao Paulo but again, a very pleasant stay regarding the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very spacious...I'd splurge for the comfort
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ssantos, Admnistrative Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear nikkigfoster,

Thank you very much for writing a review about our hotel.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our structure and the hospitality of our staff.
The connection to the World Trade Center complex is a valuable comfort to every guest, offering options of entertainment, meals, drugstores and convenience stores.

Thank you for you review, it is quite helpful for us!

We hope to have you back as our guest soon.

With the kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Very nice building with a big enough lobby. The check in counter can be somewhat crowed but the service was excellent. Unfortunately they hadn't managed my request for an early check-in and I had to wait until 3pm which wasn't great after a 16 hour trip.

The rooms are fine, spacious with a flatscreen, kingsize bed and a good desk to work from. Bathroom is excellent with a separate shower and bath. The gym and pool are excellent although the gym can be quite crowded in the early morning.

The only drawback is that it is pretty far from everything and taxis are needed for everything. The service for getting one is excellent as well the concierge gave us plenty and good information about restaurants and were helpful in making reservations.

The only disappointing thing is that after paying 500 USD per night I was asked to pay 25 USD for internet access. Breakfast was pretty limited for the 30 USD that I paid.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view of the bridge.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ssantos, Administrative Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear TedMBarcelona,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with the other travelers from TripAdvisor!
I am really sorry to know that we weren’t able to offer you an early check-in. When the hotel is with high occupancy it is very challenging to address this kind of request, although I can guarantee you that we tried our best to do it!
We are not located in the central area but the surroundings of the hotels offer many attractive restaurants, shopping and entertainment as cinemas. The subway map is growing very much and in the near future our guests will be able to count with many other transportation offers.
In the meanwhile, as you said, our concierge team in 24 hours available to assist our guests with their plan for the free time.
I am sorry to know that our breakfast didn’t achieve you expectations completely. I already forwarded your impression to the responsible manager to be considered.

Once again, thank you for writing you impressions! It will contribute not only to other travelers when choosing a destination but to our hotel reevaluate our service and structure continuously.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

One of best hotel in Sao Paulo, with very spacious room and very nice bathroom. The breakfast is also quite good, we ilke it very much. Unfortunately, it is long from the center and difficulte to reach with open transport. The pricing also is too much expensive - if it is cheaper, I will go there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ssantos, Admnisnitrative Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Marcos L,

Thank you for sharing your impression on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed our structure.
The breakfast is really good too!
Regarding the prices, our rates vary according to the availability. On weekends we also offer promotional rates that you may find really attractive!

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. We hope to have you back soon!