All reviews metro station belem brazil wifi paulo
Reviewed October 9, 2015

Green grass hostel is a nice, clean and cheap hostel. Although it is a bit far from attractive sites, it is very near to the metro station making everything easily accessible. Most of all, the staff was very relaxed, kind and helpfull (they really took the time to explain everything) and the fact that they spoke english helped a lot as well!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2015

I've been here a couple of times with my friends. All of them were awesome! The rooms are good, breakfast is delicious, the hosters are the most helpfull ones and we always met people from all around the world. It's simple and it has a nice price. Very close to the subway station.

Room Tip: Travelling with friends? female or mixed rooms can serve you
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2015 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect for our first time in Brazil, but Gabriel warmly welcomed us to his hostel. He gave us a run down of the area quickly upon arrival, not only was it two blocks from the metro (Belem) but there is a grocery market, juice bar, restaurants and chemists all within a few steps!

After helping us to our room, he told us 'if there was anything we needed just ask'. He really meant it. We asked countless questions about directions and things where-a-bouts, all met with a smile and an insightful answer!

The hostel is decorated beautifully fitted out with street art all over, it really suits the theme of São Paulo, as the city is doused in it!

The rooms are spacious, and lockers are great. Cleanest bathrooms and electric shower heads to ensure hot water. Did I mention the Xbox, cable tv and movies/books to entertain you!?

One of the best hostel experiences I have had. Thank you so much Gabriel and Luciana, keep doing what your doing!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bi-lo92
Reviewed November 14, 2014

Situated in a nicer neighbourhood with easy access to the city and bus terminal via the Metro 2 mins away. I was fortunate enough to share with friends in the dorm. Plenty of toilets and bathrooms. I found the female staff very friendly and helpful. There is transport, food, supermarkets, a laundry and beauty parlour close by - the hostel has a map that helps with easily identifying marks of where these places are near the hostel. The ladders to the upper bunks are a bit dodgy if you aren't careful so just a warning.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2014

I agree with all the positive reviews of this place clearly the Green Grass Hostel has the right idea when it comes to hostels, Brasil living and travellers/backpackers. I stayed for over two weeks and really enjoyed my stay and the hostel. I happily returned in September when I was heading towards Argentina and would visit again without hesitation.

The hostel is in a perfect location on the metro line. Close to the city centre and very easy to get to from the airport GRU, or the bus terminal at Tiete. The hostel even offers a cheap transfer service from the airports at any time of the day/night and laundry service. Breakfast is brilliant and accomodates for everyone. They have wifi throughout the whole hostel and two lounges as well as free use of computers and Xbox. It was 24 hours reception so was easy to go out in the evening and ask any questions at any time. The Hostel also has its own Bar!!!

The owner Gabriel and his wife Lu are fantastic! They speak great English as well as other languages and were really friendly and helpful and you can clearly see why the Hostel does so well with their ideas and attention to detail. The artwork and atmosphere of the place is unique and sets them far apart from other hostels in Sao Paulo and Brasil.

All the staff are hardworking and laid back and always on hand to help or chat to. They go above and beyond the job to help and assist in anyway they can. They let me check in early and leave my belongings after I had checked out so i could make the most of my last day. Great value for money, including breakfast, wifi, towels, blankets, lockers and you get alot more than what you pay for - great staff and atmosphere and an unforgettable experience!

Room Tip: You have a full selection of dorms with 6 or 8 people, and with or without ensuite and private rooms. It depends what you want and what price you wish to pay. All rooms are great and they have recently added brand new rooms. Top floor rooms all have ensuite toilets.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo