All reviews animation team sunny beach old town pool bar panini separate shower teenage club sol nessebar aqua park family room sea view water slides pretzels rooms are huge dance lessons all inclusive hotel family vacation
Reviewed October 15, 2017

We are staying here a week and have one night left.
Hotel. Very good good outside appearance and again as you walk in. Always someone cleaning in and around the lobby area, food halls and outside areas. Main pool looks very well kept, was to cold to get in, bearing in mind it is mid October,but the indoor pool was perfect temperature. Just a short walk from the lobby/pool you can access the beach which is a lovely one but could just do with a tidy up. Maybe the hotel could just tidy there section? I no it's not there responsibllity but would make all the difference. Location is nice and quiet, maybe to quiet this time of year for some people. Not to far to walk to RAVDA, 20 mins, turn left out the hotel, or 20/30 mins turn right out the hotel is old town NESSEBAR, a must to go and see. My partner and me walked to sunny beech in about an hour.
We did get a taxi back which was 25 lev. Taxis are not the cheapest.
Rooms are excellent, cleaned every day with fresh towels etc, they make a great effort with bed linin, one day we had the sheets folded very neatly into hearts, another day we had two towels in the shape of Swans with a little red heart between them. Lovely touches. Also thank you for the sea view upgrade as it was quiet, much appreciated.
The staff are polite and talkative, they make an effort which is great,
The food was very very good, if anyone says they went hungry, nonsense! Ok breakfast was almost the same every morning but there was so much choice you could have something different most days. Lunch and dinner always something different and plenty of it, meat, fish, vegetables, salads, cheeses etc. There are snacks during the day too, fresh fruit, biscuits, cakes, pastrys, ice cream and pizza and chips. Midnight snacks too 10pm-11pm, sandwiches biscuits and fruit. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate machines located around the hotel and on every floor so you can nip out the door and grab a fresh one. Beer, fizzy drinks and juice on tap. There are a few wasps around but there is going to be, you can spend ages waving at them or just get on with your holiday.
Overall very nice stay, well done to all staff at the nessebar palace Would recommend this hotel for anyone but the kids would enjoy it more before October as all the water slides would be working. I would say we would be back but never go to the same hotel twice,,,, not yet anyway
Good job guys

Stayed: October 2017
3  Thank bethj666bmb
Janina_SNResort, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Dear bethj666bmb,

Thank you for choosing us and for your review.
We are glad you had a nice mid October holiday with us.
As you say, although the cleaning of the beach is not our responsibility, we try to tidy up from time to time.
The nice and quiet location at this time of year is a great advantage for some guests to relax even better than in high season.
Thank you for your detailed information regarding the area - very helpful for our future guests.
Thank you also for appreciating the nice touches of our chamber maids, the efforts of the staff to make the best for you.
The great choice of food is always there and as you say there is so much on offer you could have something different every day...
Thank you for recommending us and hope you to come back again and make Sol Nessebar Palace to be the first hotel visited by you twice :)

Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2017

This hotel provided what we wanted- comfort, good food, and relaxation. Whilst the hotel met our expectations and the staff were good we were disappointed in the area. The whole area is flat and boring. Great for beach lovers I guess but we like to see sights and interesting scenery.
I think Western Bulgaria would probably suit our needs better. This is the first holiday where our car hire mileage was this low. We usually expect to use at least 4 tanks of fuel in a week touring around. However here we only used about 1/2 a tank.
Perhaps we should have done more research before we booked.
Off road parking is an extra 10 lev per day

Room Tip: "Park Views" consist of a view over scrubland
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ron H
Janina_SNResort, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Ron H,

Thank you for your visit and for your review about our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am so happy to read that Sol Nessebar Palace has provided all what you wanted - "comfort, good food and relaxation"!
On the other hand I regret, that I did not meet you - I would be glad to provide you with local information and ideas to discover all sights and interesting scenery our region has to offer... I hope you to plan another stay at Palace - I would then be glad to explain the beauty of the nature reserve Poda with rear birds and flora, or the amazing diversity of plants in Silistar, the greatest variety of plant species/m2 in Bulgaria, or the unforgettable sight of the yellow sand lilies near Smokinya, or the wonderful water lilies and water turtles at Veleka river... Come again and see if you will like the South Black Sea Coast nature :)

Best wishes and warmest regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was amazing food was very good and wide range of different things to eat rooms were cleaned every day clean towels and beds changed everyday definitely deserves 5 star rating only down side was when sun out at start of our holiday we ventured towards the out door pool and pool bar for drinks was attacked by a million wasps were everywhere there was taps for juice beer coke what ever you wanted but the wasps spoiled it for us as didn't spend any time at the pool even though we went out on different days (Was sure there was a nest somewhere) but luckily there was an indoor pool also which we discovered when the weather started to change would we come again- definitely!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Janina_SNResort, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Marradona,

Thank you for your visit and feedback.
It is very important for us to know, that you like our hotel, food, rooms "definitely deserves 5 star rating"...
Special devices have already been applied against the wasps attacks (the place of the nest has been identified), so that the guests could spend good time at the pool bar.
Thank you for your promise to "come again- definitely!"

Wishing you all the best,

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in July 2017 with partner 13 month old twins and grandparents . First of all it's a lovely hotel food was good always plenty of choice repeated in the second week but that happens a lot of places .
Not very keen on the pre mixed cocktails and gin and tonic from the cocktail box the best drinks were in the lobby bar always good measures !
It's a great complex but the only problem for me was there was nothing outside of if that is fine If you want to stay on the complex for two weeks maybe if my kids were older I might have but we were going stir crazy ended up spending a fortune on taxis into ravda and sunny beach . It is literally a good 30-40 minute walk to any bars or restaurants.
Rooms were great and very spacious didn't need to use the travel cots provided as my twins slept in between us and we still had plenty of room.
The downside for me in the hotel was the entertainment it was very poor on a night time I like to sit round a table with my group and watch entertainment and have a few drinks here it was an outdoor auditorium with benches where you can't really interact with the company you are with .
One day it was really bad rain there was nothing on in the hotel apart from the entertainment team doing cha cha in the conference room I felt like I was in dirty dancing come on what about bingo or a quiz or some games that all the family could join in .
All in all it's a good hotel and good value for money but not for me .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank safcfletcher1985
Janina_SNResort, Quality manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Dear safcfletcher1985,

Thank you for choosing Sol Nessebar Palace for your July holiday with your partner, 13 month old twins and grandparents. Thank you also for your feedback after your stay.
It makes us very happy you liked our hotel, the food, the drinks, especially in the lobby bar, as well as the spacious rooms with comfy beds.
On the other hand we are sad to hear, that our evening animation was not to your liking. In fact, our animation team offers bingo and quiz or some games that all the family could join in by the end of the season.
Considering, that you liked almost everything else in the property, I would suggest you to visit us either at the beginning of the season, which is in May, or by the end (September/ October). The evening entertainment would be exactly what you expect.
Thanking you for your comment "it's a good hotel and good value for money" and wishing you and the whole party all the best,

Warm regards,

Quality Manager Sol Nessebar Palace/ Bay/ Mare

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is good seriously very good at all but the food is the worst I ever tasted eveb my dog dont touch it,
Maybe the chef was drunk or something.
The stuff are very nice , there is alot of things for kids they can enjoy we really enjoyed just the food was shocking every evening we went out to some restaurant to have normal food.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family