“Little oasis outside of Battambang...”
Review of Battambang Resort

Battambang Resort
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Battambang
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I must admit that i was a bit underwhelmed when i first arrived at Battambang Resort. Maybe it had something to do with the great reviews this place had at different booking sites. It just felt a bit average at first. But, the longer i stayed, the more this place grew on me. In the end, i really loved it to be there !

Location: The first little shock may be that this place is really out of town. I mean it. And they do not provide free shuttle service to town, as other resorts do, which are outside. Its about 3 to 5 kilometres out of town and you need to take a tuk tuk or moto to get there (or take your own wheels). On the plus side, this guarantees a very quite place away from any hustle and bustle in town (and the loud monk ceremonys). But, it can get expensive if you have to go to town and back a few times in a day.

Hotel grounds:

The hotel is situated around a very lush garden, with a small lake exclusively for the deluxe rooms. Every room, even the standard rooms (which are basically one half of a bungalow) has a terrace which looks at the garden or the lake. The hotel has an open restaurant, which serves good (not the best in town, though) food and a very, very beautiful pool in the garden. The pool is big enough, warm enough and as there are only ten bungalows in the resort, never too crowded. It's just reason enough to come here.

Rooms: The rooms are adequate, not too big, not too small, with all amenities you would need (apart from a TV) and very clean. The furnishing is a bit sparse, which gives the room a bit of lacking feel, meaning i felt it could use some decoration to give a warmer feel, but in the end i felt good enough in the room. One problem that i had was the big glass door, which opens to the garden. You will have to close the curtains every time you are in your room, if you don't want people to have a peek in your room. This is a bit unnerving, but it's kind of how the bungalows are constructed.

Service: This is where the hotel really shines. The owners themselves are very pleasant and eager to help you in every way and so is the staff. I particularly remember one lady at the restaurant who was not only really nice and service orientated but very cute in the same moment. Just lovely :) But, in the end everyone was trying to provide the best service. One thing that really stood out for me was when they really offered me to arrange a shared taxi ride to the Thai border. I stayed at a lot of cambodian hotels and NEVER a hotel was able to give me information about shared taxi's, not even speaking about booking one for me. But here it worked like a charme, with no added costs, whatsoever. This is truly customer orientation.

Breakfast: I don't remember much about it, but i guess it was the usual quality of these hotels. Nothing to really write home about, but quite adequate.

Verdict: This one really grew on me, as i wrote already at the beginning. The rooms may not be the shining star, as they lack a bit of character, but this is made up by the huge amounts of character, the rest of the hotel provides and by the very good and friendly service of the hotel. If you think about renting your own wheels (and i highly recommend this !), the location is not even so bad anymore (though it will be very though to find at night !).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

This small resort is located 4km out of town but don't let that put you off.
All the main attractions in the region ar accessible by Tuk Tuk ( or bike if you are game). The resort provides pick up to hotel and evening transfers into town. The days can be spent touring or relaxing by the pool. It is even worth staying in the resort for the food in the restaurant which is delicious.

The pool was s highlight, large, well maintained and a welcome relief from the heat.

The rooms are actually individually spaced free standing bungalows, with balconies. They are spacious and well designed with large shower which good stream and got water. Beds were comfortable with two choices of pillow.

The staff are well trained and very friendly and will make your study worthwhile.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 3 February 2013

While travelling in cambodia we spent 2 nights at this lovely place to get away from the buzzling cities. Its a bit out of the centre from battambong, but nevertheless the must place to stay! The dutch owner and his wife were very friendly and helpful, they gave us great tips what to do and we enjoyed our stat! Rooms, resort, food and staff were fantastic, we had a wonderful time!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Jan and the team at Battambang resort could not be more helpful. They kept in contact so as to pick us up off of the bus, made us so at home and sitting around the pool there is just amazingly relaxing. They told us we must go to the circus - they were right. Great little attraction and worth ever cent. The food at the Resort was also fabulous - overall great value for money and a bit out of the main part of town so nice and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

As we drove in tuk tuk to resort we wonders if 10 min drive would be worth it? This was quickly answered when on having our welcome drink one of the owners (Phari) came to our table in the amazing lounge, sat down and welcomed us. Local information in hand, she has a warmth for people that is rare. This seems to set the tone for this resort. The staff have great English but are keen to know more and so graciously chat as they serve your meal, etc.
This is the best team of staff I have ever met.
Not one to engage others at meals, I found myself asking their names, such was the warmth.
We ate in their restaurant the first night and was amazed. When your on a good thing stick to it so we ate there again the second night.
They helped with planning our days. You can walk to local community for coffee or meal and you will be only foreigner there.

If only these guys were in Australia they would be a weekly visit

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed 7 days in the new modern resort.
The excellent food was very reasonably priced. This meant there was no need to eat out.
All the staff were very helpful and friendly, so much so, the managment (Phary) drove me to the medical centre for an existing eye problem , at no cost to me. I was given very good medical help and at very cheap cost. Phary translated all the way thru. Many thanks.
I will definitely recommend the Battembong Resort to every one and stay there again.
Andy from UK

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I didn't stay in the Hotel, but I came for several days to get away from the hustle and the loud music from the wedding ceremonies next door. The owners and the staff are very friendly. She showed me the organic vegetable garden they have - outstanding for Cambodia. I ate their own brown organic rice and the dishes were very tasty and it is one of the few places where I feel nourished and satisfied as a Vegetarian. If you have the budget to stay here - do so. You can't get it wrong with this place, except that it is some km away frome the center. Just the way I like it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo