“See Battambang by bike”

The Battambang Bike
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Battambang Bike offer tours of downtown Battambang's art and architecture, custom tours, bike rentals and repairs, and Saturday Fun Rides. Our signature CITY TOUR OF BATTAMBANG will leave you in love with this gorgeous city. Hop on one of our bikes and let our guide take you on an interactive tour of Battambang's historical downtown, with rich explanations of the area's history and dynamic contemporary arts' scene, Cambodian culture, and urban planning. We also have EVENING TOURS, departing daily at 4:00pm, which show off the wonders of Battambang’s activity and architecture as the sun is setting. We will take you to one of the tallest buildings in town for a bird’s eye view, a visit to a wat at sunset, and stops at locals’ favorite exercise spots and restaurants, which are especially popular around dusk.Or join us for a FREE SATURDAY FUN RIDE. Whether we are exploring Battambang’s religious buildings, heading out to the old airport to learn from the city’s only BMX teacher, or training for a longer road race, we always have fun and get great exercise.
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

If you only have a couple of hours but you want to see Battambang, I suggest you take the half day City tour with Sun. He is a knowledgeable young man with a great business and full of fun. No matter your age- this is an easy ride around town and the nearby countryside!

1  Thank Ann B
"english"
"adventure"
"businesses"

Reviewed December 7, 2016

I rented bikes from The Battambang Bike few years ago and on a recent return trip to Battambang I popped in to set up a long-term rental with Sun. He remembered me and I was amazed to see how the shop and business had grown. Sun's passion for biking and outdoor adventure in Cambodia continues to grow and his customer service is second to none!

1  Thank EnduranceDTS
Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

I did the full day tour with Sun yesterday, November 28, and I had him all to myself. He was sweet and kind and spoke English very well. I was nervous that a full day might be too long and that I might get tired or bored, but the day flew by - we saw and did so much! He took me to see families who make rice noodles, rice wine, bamboo sticky rice (yummy!), tri-bananas(sp?), spring rolls (sooooo good!), fish paste, crocodile farm (wasn't my favorite), local restaurant for lunch, bamboo train, suspension bridge... He was very thoughtful and asked me repeatedly if I was ok and if I wanted water. All the costs of samples, lunch and water were included the price of the excursion. He even took me to the local market to meet his family (and his beautiful two-year-old niece) which was so sweet! We had an adventurous return from the bamboo train when his bike got a flat tire, but he repaired it quickly like the professional he is (he had spare tubes, a pump and tools in his backpack). Unfortunately, it continued to go flat due to a sharp rim, but his twin brother met us at the suspension bridge with a tuk tuk full of bikes and he grabbed another one and we biked back. He was even kind enough to take me to buy my bus ticket to Phnom Penh for today. Sun is a very smart and kind young man and I would recommend this tour to anyone and everyone, regardless of fitness level. There are tons of stops along the way so you're never biking for a really long stretch, and Battambang is completely flat, so there are no hills to climb! (Tip - don't forget sunscreen! Even though yesterday was overcast and not overly hot, my shoulders got really sunburnt!)

1  Thank jojoPei
Reviewed November 27, 2016

Sun fitted us all out with good bikes and helmets .we then followed our incredibly knowledgable guide who willingly answered our questions and showed us so much. I learnt all about rice growing , the varied fruits and vegetables and we visited many local home businesses including , rice paper making , sticky rice and rice wine. Cycling is a wonderful way to see the countryside and a guide makes it even more worthwhile.