All reviewsthe main streetthoroughly enjoyed my staythe kitchenbeds were comfortablehot waterquiet at nightstayed here for nightswifihostelshowercorridorsignaldesert
Reviewed March 26, 2015

Puritama gets all the basics right - location, cleanliness and comfort (by hostel standards) - and for 28,000 Chilean Pesos for a 2-person room offers good value. It's not a party hostel, and is meant for those who would like to turn in early and get a good night's rest before embarking on an early morning tour.

The location - on the main street of Caracoles, but just one block off the start of the really commercial section - is excellent. The bathrooms are very clean and there is a well-stocked kitchen as well. Wi-fi is available, though this does not reach all the rooms yet. There is a nice patio for guests to sit and relax.

While all the factors mentioned are very good, there is nothing which stands out as excellent (perhaps the location), hence the 4 stars and not 5.

Room Tip: Near the patio, where you get wi-fi.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2015

We stayed a few days at the Puritama. First, they were almost fully booked so the very accomodating lady at the front desk kindly let us (a family of 5) share a quadruple room. It was cute and cosy and cool. The garden is great for having breakfast (self catered) or lunch or just reading and relaxing. There is a small kitchen available for heating water for tea or coffee. It is a pity the kitchen is not available for more serious cooking.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2015

When we arrived in San Pedro de Atacama, we were meant to be camping. However, after a long journey from Bolivia a bed was needed. This hostel did the trick. They had availability for my husband and I, as well as some of the others from our group. We had a reasonable priced double room. It was modern, clean, a comfortable bed and a hot, powerful shower. Just what was required. There was a laundry service and excellent wifi was available. No breakfast or bar, but there is a communal kitchen if required. My husband ended up getting sick and we needed to extend our stay and the staff were very accommodating and helpful.

Room Tip: A standard double is great!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

Stayed in a double room which was lovely. Very clean. Thoroughly cleaned after the first night. No breakfast available (but plenty of options nearby) and no air conditioning in our room (but there is a fan which helps in the heat). Excellent location and good wifi. We availed of the laundry service which was very good and the clothes were very clean on return.

Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed November 25, 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel in November 2014.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. First, the location is perfect - it's at one end of the main tourist street. The hotel has a lovely inner garden/courtyard which is a great place to relax in the sunshine or shade, depending upon your preference. My room was quite comfortable, and the bathroom was modern and clean. The shower stall was larger than most and both the water temperature and pressure were to my liking.

There were a few cons as well - my room did not have a TV and there was no complimentary breakfast. The most disappointing thing, however, was the laundry service. The cleanliness and scent of my returned "washed" clothing was unsatisfactory (I wonder if they used soap at all). There are several laundromats within walking distance of this hotel, so drop your laundry off there instead.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo