Hotel Explorer
CTN Garden Hotel(Yangshuo County)
US$67
Riverside Retreat Hotel(Yangshuo County)(Great Value!)
US$18
Xingping This Old Place Int'l Youth Hostel(Yangshuo County)(Great Value!)
US$13
US$11
  • Restaurant
Yangshuo Mountain Nest(Yangshuo County)
US$64
The Giggling Tree(Yangshuo County)
US$56
River View Inn(Yangshuo County)
US$53
US$36
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$40/night.

Yangshuo Mountain Retreat(Yangshuo County)
US$49
US$43
Banyan Tree Yangshuo(Yangshuo County)
Hotels.com
Bamboo House Resort(Yangshuo County)
  • Restaurant
Green Lotus Hotel(Yangshuo County)
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I was happy with the room here.It was very clean and a good bit of space.Got a room at the back of the hotel,so no noise.This review would be completely different if I was at the front of the hotel near the strip,a lot of noise there!Request a room away from the noise.You can rent cheap bikes here that are ok,I would recommend paying that bit extra though.The staff here are very nice.No breakfast,but plenty of options directly outside the strip.The location here is unbelievable.It brought me back to the days of my time in Playa Del Ingles,who knew a place like Yangshuo existed in China.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here about a year ago, and to my surprise it was not as bad as some of the reviews here. Again clean by China standards and very close to all of the places that you want to be. Beds were comfy, the rooms were quite big, only thing was that our air-conditioner did not work properly. We ended up working out how to make it go 24/7 so was fine by the time we got back to the room in the afternoon. I probably wouldn't eat at the cafe out the front, but if you simply cross the road from the front entry there was a place with great food. Of course there are nicer places to stay in Yangshuo, but for what we paid I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I heard that there were some rooms that did not have a window, so I would check this out if I were you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I would book this hotel again for the location alone. The rooms are nice too, bathroom big, clean and comfy beds, everything you need. But the location is perfect. Right inside the market area (no cars!) Just lots of shopping and bars and restaurants. It was a little noisy at night, but that will happen anywhere in this area. So nice to be able to walk out your door and easily find a nice pub or mango juice stand or souviner shop. And Yangshuo is just lovely!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at Hotel Explorer. We were initially given room 101. Avoid at all costs, it's the closest to the neighbouring bar. We had to suffer one night in this room, felt like the band was in the room it was so loud. Literally word for word. We were moved to the room above 203 which was a slight improvement still noisy but ear plug manageable. We had no problem with the towel scam, I quickly got the deposit back after some grumbles about a receipt, despite it being a key deposit and I was returning g the key. Room itself was decent. Clean, good air conditioning, beds a tad hard but ok. Towels were grubby and full of holes but the bathroom was fairly clean by Chinese standards. We hired bikes from them too with no issue, 40yuan for the day. No deposit either as we had rooms. No helmet and the chain skipped on one of them but pretty decent for a day trip in the countryside.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was travelling in Guilin/Yangshuo with a friend, spending there 1 night.
The hotel is very central, at the end of West street, near the river. Because of that it's very noisy during the night (earplugs are a must if you want to avoid the music in the street) but it's useful if you're looking for pubs/beer/shops/restaurants
They're not very friendly and aren't able to help you for any trip --> 50 m far from the hotel there are a lot of travel agencies, ask them!
They can rent bicycles (20 rmb/day), keep your luggage for free during the day if you're leaving on night.
The price is higher than the hostels (200 rmb/night for a double room), but it's pretty clean. Pay attention not to destroy/misuse anything, because they have a very long list of how much they'll charge you in case
No elevator

Room Tip: They don't offer earplugs and in the street where the hotel is located there are at least 8 pubs playing music till late in the night
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends