See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights, rooms clean and big, ours was away from the noise of the busy street at the front. Might be worthwhile requesting a room at the back. Our friend was at the front and didn't get too much sleep.

Overall a good stay I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Cocodooo
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I was happy with the room here.It was very clean and a good bit of space.Got a room at the back of the hotel,so no noise.This review would be completely different if I was at the front of the hotel near the strip,a lot of noise there!Request a room away from the noise.You can rent cheap bikes here that are ok,I would recommend paying that bit extra though.The staff here are very nice.No breakfast,but plenty of options directly outside the strip.The location here is unbelievable.It brought me back to the days of my time in Playa Del Ingles,who knew a place like Yangshuo existed in China.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here about a year ago, and to my surprise it was not as bad as some of the reviews here. Again clean by China standards and very close to all of the places that you want to be. Beds were comfy, the rooms were quite big, only thing was that our air-conditioner did not work properly. We ended up working out how to make it go 24/7 so was fine by the time we got back to the room in the afternoon. I probably wouldn't eat at the cafe out the front, but if you simply cross the road from the front entry there was a place with great food. Of course there are nicer places to stay in Yangshuo, but for what we paid I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I heard that there were some rooms that did not have a window, so I would check this out if I were you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I would book this hotel again for the location alone. The rooms are nice too, bathroom big, clean and comfy beds, everything you need. But the location is perfect. Right inside the market area (no cars!) Just lots of shopping and bars and restaurants. It was a little noisy at night, but that will happen anywhere in this area. So nice to be able to walk out your door and easily find a nice pub or mango juice stand or souviner shop. And Yangshuo is just lovely!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at Hotel Explorer. We were initially given room 101. Avoid at all costs, it's the closest to the neighbouring bar. We had to suffer one night in this room, felt like the band was in the room it was so loud. Literally word for word. We were moved to the room above 203 which was a slight improvement still noisy but ear plug manageable. We had no problem with the towel scam, I quickly got the deposit back after some grumbles about a receipt, despite it being a key deposit and I was returning g the key. Room itself was decent. Clean, good air conditioning, beds a tad hard but ok. Towels were grubby and full of holes but the bathroom was fairly clean by Chinese standards. We hired bikes from them too with no issue, 40yuan for the day. No deposit either as we had rooms. No helmet and the chain skipped on one of them but pretty decent for a day trip in the countryside.

• Stayed: August 2013