“Reasonable hotel well located for exploring Yangshuo”
Review of Hotel Explorer

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yangshuo County
Hotel Explorer
Ranked #151 of 451 Yangshuo County B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Rooms were spacious and clean. Plenty of hot water and shower was reasonable but completely flooded the bathroom when in use. Wifi was free but not very reliable. Dining area was across the street. Very basic roof garden at top of building.

Room Tip: Room on street side was reasonably quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 March 2015

We had a room in this hotel which was next to a club/disco. There was no insulation or noise protection - it felt like we were sleeping in a disco. Not the cleanest but not too bad on that front as long as you have plenty of soap and sanitiser with you, and not too small. The big, ear-thumping issue is the noise. This was akin to torture, incredibly unpleasant. The only way to get through it was to go to a disco and get very drunk so that our ears were ringing anyway and then use ear plugs. Which isn't the worst thing to be forced into doing when on holiday, but it would have been nice to have more of a choice in the matter.

There are lots of hotels and lodgings in Yangshuo, which is a great place to spend a bit of time, go out and do some activities. Come to Yangshuo but choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The room I stayed in had lots of mold on one wall and smelled terrible and unhealthy. The internet connectivity was a joke. The staff was very unfriendly, not making an effort to care about the guests at all. Two of my friends were ripped of with the towel scam as well – they were asked to pay a ridiculous amount for making the towels dirty, including being screamed at after the initial rejection.

Trust the internet, just don’t go there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The location of the hotel is very good, but almost too good:) It is the middle of lots of loud bars, so if you stay here on a weekend do ask for a room as far from the bar-street as possible. (i.e. 201). The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice with more then enough space. Our TV did not work, and be aware that the beds are hard as rock!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here 3 nights, rooms clean and big, ours was away from the noise of the busy street at the front. Might be worthwhile requesting a room at the back. Our friend was at the front and didn't get too much sleep.

Overall a good stay I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Cocodooo
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I was happy with the room here.It was very clean and a good bit of space.Got a room at the back of the hotel,so no noise.This review would be completely different if I was at the front of the hotel near the strip,a lot of noise there!Request a room away from the noise.You can rent cheap bikes here that are ok,I would recommend paying that bit extra though.The staff here are very nice.No breakfast,but plenty of options directly outside the strip.The location here is unbelievable.It brought me back to the days of my time in Playa Del Ingles,who knew a place like Yangshuo existed in China.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed here about a year ago, and to my surprise it was not as bad as some of the reviews here. Again clean by China standards and very close to all of the places that you want to be. Beds were comfy, the rooms were quite big, only thing was that our air-conditioner did not work properly. We ended up working out how to make it go 24/7 so was fine by the time we got back to the room in the afternoon. I probably wouldn't eat at the cafe out the front, but if you simply cross the road from the front entry there was a place with great food. Of course there are nicer places to stay in Yangshuo, but for what we paid I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I heard that there were some rooms that did not have a window, so I would check this out if I were y...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends