“Incredible.”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I took my girlfriend here for a romantic Sunday brunch. Turns out they have a special menu with discounted prices so I was able to get the steak entree with two sides for about half of what its costs at dinner. The bread they served was very unique and absolutely amazing. You can't go wrong with the sides, they're all delicious. The cabbage one was particularly good.

The atmosphere was perfect. A great place to bring a date. The waiter went out of his way to make sure we had everything. The chef even came out from the kitchen to introduce himself, first in French, then in English, and ask us how we liked the food. He told us that Cafe de Paris is a proud, family run restaurant and thanked us kindly for our business.

I have traveled the country and the world extensively and this restaurant was one of my most memorable dining experiences. I loved it!

2  Thank ncaa2011

Reviewed 11 February 2012

From the time we walked in the door to the time we left was a complete nightmare.

We had reservations for six and we were taken to a table for two???
The sign out front clearly states that happy hour prices were from 5-7. The server first told us they don't have happy hour, then told us that is was over with, it was only six, and THEN told us it was for back patio dining only(the sign did not specifiy)???
There was absolutely no communication with the server and the bartender. After everyone had received their drinks, I still had not received mine. I went to the bar to inquire and was told that particular liquor was not available. The server never bothered to inform me of this. Also, later in the evening when someone else put in a drink order, we had to again go to the bar to request it. The server never bothered to let her know.
The apps took 20 mins to come to the table. Enough said.
Two salads were brought out by another server and he had no idea what they were. They had to taste test the dressing. Really????
The server brought us two of the 6 entree's . They other 4 didn't come out until 30 mins after and after we asked FOUR TIMES about the orders.
The food was good at best.
The bartender who is also the manager, was very sorry for the service and offered us a free dessert. Which was wonderful, but didn't make up for the everything else that went horribly wrong.
We will NEVER, EVER return, and will NOT recommend to anyone!!

1  Thank sherryk70
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Had a business dinner here with a group of 4, there were issues from the start with drink orders as our server didn't know the bar stock, and there seemed to be a communucation problem between her and the bartender. The appetizers were very nice we tried the grit fritters and the raviolli. We met both chefs, and requested they bring us their three best dishes (Chefs choice), the three dishes were the t-bone, lamb, and the duck...all overcooked, and while they were seasoned well, the flavors were indiscernible. This was followed by three desserts again chefs choice. The three offerings were crepes (vanilla, chocolate, and raspberry) which were ok, but cold and did not seem fresh.
The one brite note was the wine selection, good choices and all reasonably priced.
With all the other restaurant choices in Birmingham we most likely will not go back.

1  Thank VinoBambinos
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The chefs are from Paris and their love of the city is reflected in their food. The selections are very French - the food is amazing. The staff is friendly and the chefs like to visit the tables to see how you are enjoying your experience.

They have been around for three years. I think the inside of the building could use some updating and better decorating.

1  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed 28 December 2011

In a nutshell, the ambiance is mediocre (at best), the food is mediocre (at best), and the prices are high. In their defense, I was expecting something swanky with good food for the price. They were very kind, and welcoming. The food just wasn't good.

1  Thank Brian D