“Not the best of Springhill Suites”

SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Clean room, Bed is uncomfortable. Bathroom OK, Towels are beaten up. Breakfast is OK
The major negative is the Price: paid more than the value (it is overpriced because of the location)
The major positive of this hotel is the Front desk people: they are extremely friendly and helpful.
My first hotel pick on the road will still be a SpringHill, but not this one again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
creativeingenuity, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Tourtheworld,
Thank you for reviewing us to the TripAdvisor nation! I want to thank you for letting everyone know not only about the things you found good and acceptable such as the bathroom, breakfast, Staff and cleanliness but also thank you for pointing out the towels. While we do not have a lot of towels showing wear we have addressed the issue and this should cause no further inconveniences for our guests.

Chris Nelson
Director of Sales

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel has a great staff and a wonderful, open design. A variety of hot breakfast items and a comfortable bed.

My issue is with receiving credit for stays during the Hyatt/Marriott change. I've stayed at this location a number of times and was notified during the change that I would receive Marriott rewards for the stay. Signage, bedding, and microwaves were added to the rooms but apparently it wasn't "official". Marriott is unable to pull receipts from the beginning of Oct. and Hyatt was no longer owner as of Oct. 2. Apparently the phantom owner of "The Hotel @ UAB" granted permission to Marriott before the purchase to make these changes but Marriott says it wasn't official. I've lost rewards nights credit for 10 nights not to mention points. So no closer to platinum status. Very dissappointed in how my inquiry was handled. It's apparent from reviews on this site that the hotel was Springhill Suites but noone wants to own it. I guess I'm back to Hilton Honors, I don't have to fight with them to receive points or free night certificates.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors and rooms facing 4th. Garbage & delivery trucks come around 4-5a.m. and cre...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

I want to start by thanking you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and let you know that I apologize for the confusion, frustration, and disappointment you have received while attempting to correct your rewards account. During our changeover of not only Brands but also ownership we did experience a few hiccups in the month of October as we were a No brand hotel for a short period as you described. During this time it caused headaches for our guests, our employees, and our reservations systems. I do however want to do my best to work with you to make it right. I hate that it appears we have lost you not only as a customer to our hotel but also to the Marriott Brand please give me a call personally on my cell phone at 205-706-7477 so that I can attempt to make this right with you.

MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES!!!
Chris Nelson
Director of Sales

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was in Birmingham recently for a BBQ Competition and need a place to rest for me and two of my friends. We located this property and are pleased to report we would return without hesitation. The property seems fairly new and has a great up to date look and feel inside and out.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

To our BBQ loving friends,
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed not only your trip to Birmingham but also our hotel. We are a newer property (only 3 years old) and have a very contemporary modern theme throughout our hotel. We strive to maintain a high level of customer care, cleanliness, and guest satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again!

Chris Nelson and the SpringHill Suites Staff!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stated at the Springhill Suites and the welcome, staff, and atmosphere was outstanding. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. The Employees were great. Thanks to: Danielle, Jalissa, EJ, Richard, Rod, Cynthia and Breakfast Attendants: Thelma, Justin, Harry and Management: Steven Kelban (GM) Sam (Manager in Training).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor and even remembering the names of some of the people that made your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Great place. Perhaps the strongest attribute was the front desk staff. They were helpful and friendly. The rooms themselves were clean, up to date and comfortable. Wouldn't hesitate to come back here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
creativeingenuity, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Keegan36604,

Thanks for taking the team to tell everyone about your stay in Birmingham. I am glad to see that our front desk staff went above and beyond your expectations to ensure you had a wonderful stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Until Next Time,

Chris Nelson and the entire SpringHill Suites Staff!

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel is so up to date, very friendly and the amenities are great for the price. The location is perfect for everything in Birmingham.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Let me start by saying Congratulations to the Graduate and Happy Mother's Day from all of us here at the SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB. I am thrilled that your trip to Birmingham was for such a great occasion and it thrills me to know that you were completely taken care of by our staff. We hope to see you again in the future!

Chris Nelson and the SpringHill Suites Staff!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I loved this property. Locataion is supreme. Totally walkable, easy to park. Great site for jogging.
Nice amenities...and best staff. They listen, they respond and they are flexible.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
creativeingenuity, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Patrick P, and all our Future Joggers,

Thank you for letting everyone know about your enjoyable stay here in Birmingham! We are glad to see that you took advantage of our level grounds, and great location for jogging. We look forward to seeing you again!

Chris Nelson and the SpringHill Suites Team