“Large Room and Very Clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB

Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB
Ranked #19 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Large Room and Very Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We used Priceline and we're awarded this hotel, however after staying here, we would select this hotel directly on our own for future visits to Birmingham. The hotel is only a couple of years old and still looks brand new. Our corner 1-bedroom room was large and clean, but did not have a fireplace. I'm not sure which rooms come with a fireplace, but 212 does not have one. That didn't stop us from appreciating the attractive decor, two flat screen TVs, well-appointed kitchenette and comfortable living room. Not once did we hear sirens or any disruptive noises although it is in the heart of UAB Hospital area. The service was friendly and efficient and we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet that included eggs, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, pastries, juices and more. I definitely recommend this hotel especially for travelers with extended stays in the Bham area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank patrickstpaul
Karen S, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Little Rock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've been having great luck with hotels and I think it's because I read the TripAdvisor reports.

Hotel location: The hotel was downtown and about 2.5 miles from the Convention Center and the start line of the Mercedes Marathon.

Cleanliness: The hotel lobby was clean, the exercise room was clean, carpet was NOT stained ... like some hotels with high traffic. And the hotel was packed. The room was clean, towels clean ... I'm really picky and just couldn't find anything to complain about.

Breakfast: Fresh and ready before 7am. The breakfast staff was helpful and the oatmeal was really delicious. The rooms had a full kitchen for cooking.

Staff: Kim (supervisor) and Yolanda were kind and helped us during our stay. Thanks!

Be aware that you pay $10 (daily) for uncovered parking. Internet is free -thankfully!

Sadly, Whitney Houston died the night we stayed at the hotel and the lobby was packed with people watching CNN for further details.

I'd stay at the Residence Inn again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ngozi23
Karen S, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you so much for all of your kind comments. I will pass this along to Kim and Yolanda. We are very glad you didn't find anything to complain about, as that is our #1 priority. We appreciate your business and hope you will return.
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

The close proximity to the UAB medical center makes this an ideal location. The room was spotlessly clean. The kitchen has everything you could possible need for cooking plus a dishwasher. Although right on a main busy street the room was quite at night. The breakfast buffet offered in the mornings is the best I have seen in years-real canadian bacon.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank William L
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will pass this information on to the rest of our staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.
Anniston, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here at the last minute after my daughter's cheer tournament, because we were too tired to drive home. The desk staff was helpful and polite, and the one bedroom suite was nicely appointed and comfortable. I stayed with my wife and 3 children. They gave us toothbrushes and toothpaste, since we were unprepared, and brought a comfy roll-away for the third child. We didn't use the full kitchen, but we enjoyed the self-serve breakfast(waffles with fruit/syrup, eggs, bacon, cereal...) after sleeping in on Sunday morning. We payed $159 which didn't seem too bad for a last minute price.

Room Tip: No need to pay for their parking as there are plenty of spaces for free close by.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank wakebob38
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel! We hope you will be back for another cheer tournament.
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

My husband and I stayed one night. The room had kitchen facilities. Everything was spotlessly clean.

One reviewer here complained about the "sirens all night," which indicated the hotel was in a "bad part of town" (PARAPHRASING). The hotel is in the middle of a university and hospital district. There are three emergency rooms within walking distance of the hotel. The sirens are due to this fact.

My husband and I enjoyed our stay and will return.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 8NoTrump
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

The room is designed for longer stays with a kitchen and sitting area. However it was also great for one night. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The location was very convenient to UAB medical center. The only downside was that the downtown location was noisy.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KSteiger, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am glad that we were convenient to UAB Hospital and your room was spacious and comfortable. I apologize for any noise you experienced during your stay with us. I would like to discuss this with you in detail so please call me at your convenience. Thank you again for staying with us!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

The fireplace was a nice touch in my room. The hotel room was big. There were some restaurants around here.The breakfast was good, they have a restaurant not far with pancakes (whos name escaped me). The location is a downside to this place, I swear I saw people smoking weed, marijuana, and meth around the outside, mind that I have my 4 month old cousin with me ( great huh?) I really didn't like that part and I would stay at a hotel I have recently stayed in.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and your experience staying with us. I am not sure what you witnessed outside of the hotel, but I can assure you that if it had been brought to our attention we would've called the police department immediately.We do have a secured parking lot with cameras and security personell. I hope you will stay with us again in the future!