All reviews an extended stay full kitchen staff was very friendly enjoyed my stay the breakfast area check in was easy nice stay rodney dishwasher walmart refrig kitchenette odor hospital
Reviewed January 20, 2018

My daughter and I were in town on a Saturday night, and we had a great stay at the Town Place Suites. Lucretia at the front desk was happy, helpful, and seemed very interested in us as customers. We were moved to a room that suited our needs, and we rented board games and had a blast.

Close to lots of restaurants and stores, and very reasonably priced. I will definitely stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: Family-friendly
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2017

We needed a place to rest for the night on the way to FL. We like Marriott properties. We chose this TPS hotel due to an $80 AAA Saturday night rate and hotel's location. We liked most of our visit but not the low "wrong" wall mounted tv's nor odor in the air outside. Breakfast and personel were nice. Rooms were nice but its like they forgot to plan for tv's when built so they just stuck 1 wherever they could. Not good.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Towneplace S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Thank you JimM for taking the time to let us know about your stay here at the TownePlace Suites! We always appreciate our guests comments and suggestions as we cannot correct or fix if we do not know! We hope to see you again on your way back from FL! Our many thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed November 16, 2017

My husband and I agree this was the best overall hotel experience we have ever had! We were in Birmingham for 2 weeks on business and had the privilege of staying here the entire time. The hotel staff was outstanding, from the front desk staff to the housekeepers. Every single person greeted us with a genuine smile every time we saw them. A special shout out goes to Tiffany, Lucretia, and Rodney for being so helpful and patient when we needed copies, faxes sent, and help with printer issues. The room itself was spacious and clean, and the bed was so comfortable. It was peaceful and quiet at night. The breakfast in the morning was very tasty and there was always a variety of foods available. There was also laundry facilities on our floor which was so helpful since we were there for an extended stay. We appreciate the great experience!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here 2 nights with my family, September 29-October 1. On Saturday afternoon, red bites started appearing all over my left arm. I thought it was an allergic reaction to something I ate, or the ragweed in the air. They became very itchy in the evening. On Sunday morning, I wake up with more bites on my face and neck, and find a live bed bug on my tshirt. I was sleeping on the pullout couch of room 317. Besides the bed bug factor, our room was never serviced properly. Only 1/3 beds were made, and had to call for more towels, as they took the dirty ones but never replaced. I will never stay here again, and do not recommend anyone staying here. I am not looking forward to my day of cleaning all my luggage to not bring the bed bugs home with me. See photos, the initial bites on my arm/neck and the bed bug feces on the pillowcase.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Molly H
Towneplace S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you so much Molly for letting us know about this, as we are definitely investigating this with our pest control. I am very sorry though that you had to experience this, as this certainly is no the norm for us. Thank you again and have a wonderful day~

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We had driven through the night to escape the coming hurricane in Florida and were ready to get into the room ASAP. We had to wait until the early afternoon to get in and upon entering the room we were immediately disappointed. My daughter, who is 10, began to cry after looking at the room and its condition. It was gross. My wife said, "Absolutely not, we are not staying here".

There were stains on the floor, the couch, the sitting chair. The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling by electrical wires. There were leftover pasta and shopping bags in the cabinets. The walls had been touched up with a different color paint than the original.

The worst was the hair. It was everywhere. Not just pet hair either. In the bathroom, it looked like it hadn't been swept in months around the corners. All types of hair were found underneath. There was hair sticking to the wall. Sitting on the couch you could see the filth underneath the refrigerator that hadn't been cleaned in a year. There was dust on top of the fridge. Really I could go on...

Needless to say, there needs to be a major renovation and some serious training in housekeeping. I have stayed at many hotels and some motels, this was the worst by far. I am shocked that Marriott has its name attached to it...embarrassing.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew J
Towneplace S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear Matthew J, Thank you so much for your review, as I am just has disappointed in your room......I am terribly sorry that you and your family had to encounter such a mess upon check in, as this room should have never been up in the inventory. I know the apology is so small compared to how you and your family felt, but please know this is not the norm. I am very glad though that you all are safe and away from the Hurricane. Again, my deepest apologies and I do hope you will try us again in the future. Have a wonderful day.