See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 31, 2016

NOT a safe place! Very bad part of town, traveler beware! If you must stay here, do not go outside after dark. Locals hang-out here to make deals and prey on unsuspecting guests. This hotel is dirty; it stinks strongly of smoke and ammonia; it is run-down and not maintained at all.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

My friend stayed here for two weeks. Some of her things were missing one day and she suspected that a maintenance man was coming in her room when she was leaving. So one day I call her room and a man answers. I ask for my friend and first he said she wasn't there, then said he didn't know her. About two hours later I pick her up at her room and she calls the room about 20 min after that. No one should have been in the room, but a man answered the phone. She asked if (she) was there, he said no, then she told him who she was and asked what he was doing in her room. He said he was "room service." In Town Suites clearly does not have room service. Before she could say anything else he just hung up. It appears most of the staff are in cahoots and that maintenance at least once, apparently, gave a key to someone else who entered her room. The one guy seemed to hang out in her room for a while doing who knows what.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2015

My fiancé and I temporarily lived at the Oxmoor Location (Birmingham AL). Although there haven't been many positive reviews recently, our experience was much different. Considering the location our room was always kept neat and we DID NOT HAVE ANY PEST OR INSECT problems. It is a matter of keeping your living space clean and picking up behind yourself on a daily basis. Neighbors are very friendly and I can honestly say that InTown Suites on Oxmoor has one of the best maintenance crews I've ever delt with.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floor have the bathroom directly next to the kitchen. upstairs rooms have it next to the bedroom.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexis-Nicole S
Reviewed July 20, 2015

I stayed at the one located on Oxmoor in Birmingham, and I went to the office on three different occasions asking that my room be clean and it never happened. The floors are dirty and they will gladly take your money ,but you dont end up getting what you paid for. I kept the same linen, towels everthing for two weeks. Corporate management needs to check into this place and ensure that their lower management is not just getting a pay check for just collecting rent.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jimmy W
Reviewed July 2, 2015 via mobile

I swear I should have listened to everyone and these reviews....this is the worst dirtiest place I have ever stayed!!! The walls and floors were filthy, the air conditioner does not work,prostitutes were present, and the steps reek of piss!! I paid for a night but I want my money back now!!! I wouldn't recommend this to a homeless person...I very pissed off!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family