Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel and was very pleased with the entire experience. The desk staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Our accommodations were clean and nice, with several helpful amenities, such as hair dryer, shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers. The free breakfast was much more than the average cold cereal and croissant fare. Popcorn in the lobby from 3-10 helped when we arrived late and were too tired to go out. I would definitely stay again and will recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Our nonsmoking room was on a nonsmoking floor--nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank kcnzsmom

Reviewed 30 April 2012

1st time here, but not last. Choose because it is dog friendly. Stayed for 1 night on way to Florida from STL. Great and comfortable room, lots of dining options around. Hoover Dog Park nearby. Free drinks and breakfast in the a.m. Just perfect for us!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KennethP63
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently and was very satisfied with the feel and look on the inside. Best selling point was the breakfast served daily. If looking for a hotel off Lakeshore, I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Pennypenn
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel when my daughter and I came to tour the University of Alabama. The staff was very friendly and offered to print directions to the university on check-in. The room was a standard hotel room but was very clean and well cared for. The breakfast was good and hot, with several options to choose from. I did not use the pool and hot tub area- but it looked clean. The gym was small but had nice treadmills and stationary bikes.
The hotel is located in a nice area, with several restaurants to choose from in walking distance.
I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank sunlove1
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is a very nice hotel for the price. Drury Inns accept all size dogs at no charge as long as they are well behaved. I could not be happier. We stayed in a suite. It was lovely and clean. We especially liked the 3 very comfortable pillows on each bed. We all commented that they were the most comfortable pillows of any hotel we have ever stayed (including expensive hotels). I had the best hotel sleep of my life. Usually I do not sleep well at hotels. We did not take advantage of the drinks and food in the evening but, did enjoy breakfast. It offered a lot for breakfast compared to most hotels in that price range. This was our second of 3 Drury Inn stays on our vacation and we found them each one better than the next. I think this is our new "go to" hotel on the road!

The only con I can say about this particular location is I called and asked if we could get a 1st floor room by the exit since we have a 105 pound dog and while he is very well behaved, not everyone likes dogs and he takes up a lot of space on an elevator (think the movie Marmaduke). Unfortunately they were unable to accommodate and we ended up on a high floor. While it was okay for us, I felt bad for other customers as we had a large dog that took up 1/2 the elevator. On a good note, they had 2 sets of elevators and we tried to take the elevator that was not used as often. So it was not bad overall.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank midwest4
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night with my dog. The hotel was well kept, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was better then most Hamptons I've stayed in.

The hotel was fully booked the night we stayed and it was a bit difficult getting up and down the elevators. The beds are pretty comfortable and I would stay again.

We stayed on the top floor which made it a little difficult getting in and out with our pet due to the crowded elevators. I would book a room on the first floor near an exit if traveling with a pet again.

Room Tip: Near an exit if your traveling with a pet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susanilz5
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had to stay at this hotel for business and it was a good hotel at a good price!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business