All reviews todd english pub convention center front desk rain shower room service lobby bar rooftop pool nice hotel self parking guest rooms check in was a breeze enjoyed my stay business trip coffee maker staff was friendly valet bjcc
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Very nice hotel, exceptionally friendly and helpful staff and valet. Beds of average quality and no coffee/tea station in the lobby for guests plus Concierge Lounge not in service during my stay. The hotel was clean, not overly luxurious, but very good service - which is always key. I would stay here again, but nicer for me if a service table was set-up in the lobby for weary travelers with coffee/tea/apples.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2017

This hotel is situated in the newly renovated Uptown area and benefits greatly by being located near many good restaurants. None of the really good restaurants are open past 10pm - so if you nap and wake up late, you'll be left going down to the Todd English P.U.B. (but that's for another review...).

The room was ok, if a little dusty; there was a pretty big, dark orange stain on the carpet between the two double beds (mysterious and a little gross), but the bed was comfy enough. Company perks saved this review because I had free wifi and breakfast. All in all, I'm glad I was only there one night...

While it's a good practice anyway, be sure to look at your itemized bill. This hotel try and slip a $6 parking charge past you even if you didn't have a car.

The staff was very friendly at check-in and at all points of contact - another thing that saved this review from being scathing. So...would I stay again? Not likely...

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
heswithstarwood, Director of Operations at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Hello Mike L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We would love for you to return the next time you are in town and give us another try.

Be Well,

Jose Pereira
Dir. of Ops

Reviewed April 1, 2017

We arrived after a drive from Atlanta. The entire area was a buzz with people and we could not pull our car up to unload our bags as it was blocked by a bus dropping off a large group. We brought our bags in ourselves, as there was much too much confusion. The front desk was crowded, but the person was reasonably pleasant. The rooms are decent (but not fancy) and if you are in town for an event, you have good access to restaurants and the convention center. If you are in town for business, it could work. I prefer hotels (whether on business or for pleasure) with a bit less activity.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
heswithstarwood, Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Dear adalbert3,
We are sorry that you had difficulty with unloading your bags. Typically, we are a very quiet hotel that has few groups staying with us. We hope that you will return, so you can have a better arrival experience.
Be Well,
Jose' Pereira
Director of Operations

Reviewed April 1, 2017

Enjoyed the stay. Rooms are nice, staff was friendly, the café and the bar downstairs was just awesome. People in Birmingham are overall very friendly and stay in this nice hotel made the visit just even better.

Room Tip: Location was pretty good
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2017

I have stayed here many times and always enjoy my stay. This time NOT. It started about 2 in the morning, people running in the halls, doors slamming, screaming. Called downstairs, they sent someone up because they put a note under my door. That lasted about 15 minutes and it started again. I finally got up. Upon checking out I told the guy what had happen and he said they were having a event there with a bunch of kids and he apologized. I told him he should put them all on one floor and put the other people on different floors. He said you should have called down and we would have changed your room, really at 2 in the morning. As soon as I got down stairs I ask to have my car brought around cause I valet. I went out side and no one was there but me, I sat and waited 20 minutes and went back inside, the guy at the desk came out there and they had apparently forgot to go get my car and I was the only one out there, go figure. He said Ill credit your valet charge. I can see needing to book your rooms but when that many young kids are involved they should try to put other people on different floors.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
jose9699, Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2017

Odieb5,
We are sorry that the youth group staying in the hotel caused a less than positive experience. We always try to have them confined to one area, but sometimes there a few rooms that end up outside their area. We would love for you to come back and enjoy a much better experience.
Jose' Pereira