“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Edgar's Bakery

Edgar's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 16 Bakeries in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 22, 2017

This is a very good place. I went there for breakfast. Great place for pastries to take to the office or yourself :-).

Reviewed October 2, 2017

A wide selection of cakes, pastries, cupcakes and cookies. Artisan breads, coffee, and salads. I particularly liked the spinach dip, and chicken salad.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

We went here for breakfast, and while it took a bit for our meal to be prepared (completely fresh, from scratch!), when it arrived, it was everything we'd hoped for: delicious, hot, and so tastly. We noticed lots of folks in there to pick up cake and saw a lot of cake boxes prepped with their order tags -- truly this is a Birmingham institution. Wonderful tea selection to complement the meal offerings -- coffee, too, but that's a given at a deli/bakery.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We recently held a shower for my sister's first baby at Edgar's at the Colonnade, and we had the perfect afternoon. It started with excellent pre-shower service. Emma and Amy were very helpful and easy to work with, and they set up the day well. The restaurant had the perfect place to host the 29 people who attended. We ordered from the catering menu, and the food was delicious at a reasonable price. The food was served in the "deli" containers, so we likely should have brought our own serving pieces and utensils. In the end, however, that did not matter because everyone was so impressed with it all - chicken salad and cheese ball were the hands-down favorites. We also had a custom cake based on the shower invitation - beautifully decorated by an obviously very talented cake artist. I highly recommend Edgar's for any event you are hosting.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We happened upon this place since it was close to our hotel. Our hotel offered free breakfast and my family of 6 had just eaten. My wife sent me in with a couple kids to grab a couple things. I was caught offguard by the variety of selections so I Facetimed my wife who immediately came in. They have some great gifts but the real treat is the baked goods. The orange buns, cupcakes, danishes, cookies (of which we got) were all amazing. I highly recommend.