All reviews beautiful resort clubhouse restaurant play golf great golf pro shop bag pipes bagpipe player pool area fire pit rtj trail breakfast buffet room service business meeting southern hospitality rooms are nice valet parking brocks
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Tucked away and in a gorgeous setting. This hotel deserves 5 stars. We arrived a bit early after golfing here. We were told room was not ready but they would call us when it was. Within an hour we got the call. Room was lovely and overlooked the pool. It was spotless and the linens were white and fresh. It was raining so we couldn’t sit out on our balcony but it would have been nice. Front desk staff very friendly. I would like to stay here again for even longer next time. Golf course sits right on this property.

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

I feel bad for people who visited before the apparent renovation. This hotel is lovely. The valet staff was ready and waiting, front desk was friendly and attentive. Our room was very clean and in working order. The golf shop was top notch and everything we ate was just fine. The breakfast buffet was full of options and I felt it was well prepared and taken care of. My only complaint is the water. I can’t believe no one mentions how awful the water is here. It needs to be filtered for the smell and taste. I kept telling the bartender there was moldy ice. Couldn’t drink anything in the bar with ice or water. It was gagging me. Even the shower water smelled bad. The upstairs bar must filter their water because there was no issue. Crazy I know. But it was so bad I went and bought a case down the road so I could stay hydrated! Otherwise I think this hotel manages the huge amount of guests pretty well. Weddings, golf groups, conventions they are all there at one time. A concierge would be helpful making dinner reservations but we finagled our way into a great restaurant anyway. We will be back.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

We spent a lovely weekend at the Renaissance Hotel. Everything was fine with our room and the hotel setting and decor was excellent. We enjoyed our time conversing at the fire pit in the outdoor patio area in the evening. Everything was just right and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again when in need of a room. Oh by the way the mattress was extremely comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and me arrived after Alabama game and was very tired.
We met with the valet as we pulled in they were ready to help us.
My husband had just had surgery and I was scheduled for Monday morning so one of the valet men said “saw you have ada tag you can get free service they took care of us stellar from that point on!!
The rooms were awesome clean and huge.
We visited the poolside enjoyed the hot tub it was hot as it should be and was very very relaxing!!!
We toured the indoor pool and gym and it was awesome!!!! Seriously the gym looked like a full course gym with life fitness machines and several treadmills!!!!
Cannot wait to go back!!!!

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

The service was outstanding and the meeting went perfectly. The rooms were pristine and everything was in them that we needed. Melissa Chambers was a pleasure to work with and catered to our every need for amazing prices. We will definitely hold our event here next year! Thank you so much

Date of stay: September 2018