All reviewslogan's roadhouseprovided great customer servicestaff was absolutely wonderfulroom was cleanindoor poolbreakfast ladylong weekendstaff personfrom texasstaff was friendlyfront desk staffexcellent staynext morningc unitcomfortable staydefinitely stay here againthe breakfast area
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

We've been to many HI's around the US and throughout the world. This is one of the least impressive we've seen. Dated and worn decor, threadbare sheets, springs coming through the mattress...badly in need of complete renovation. The only reason it got 2 stars is for the friendly staff and convenient location. Would NOT choose to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of beginning a full room renovation of the entire property. We look forward to having you back once the renovation is complete.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

As you'd expect. Staff are superb and make the difference in what is otherwise a chain hotel. Rooms are good size, clean and well serviced. Breakfast is OK, fair choice but for me, far too much sweet stuff, but that personal. Location is convenient but finding it needs some attention, as I missed it the first time as it stands back from the road and cant be seen, the sign was also easily missed. Would use again

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
David C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Thank you formyour kind words. We hope to see you back in the future!!

Reviewed October 5, 2016

I was on business and had booked my stay at Holiday Inn Express. I would have never found the hotel if it wasn't for my Apple map. It is located on a very busy street and 100's of businesses. It sits a little inside (off the road).

The check in process was extremely pleasant, I was a little early, but they accommodated me. Initially, the room that was offered, was nice and large (I believe it was a Suite), but when I entered the room, it was extremely warm in the room. Initially, I thought it was because of the warm weather and the sunlight was coming into the room via the two separate windows. But after 10 minutes, I noticed that the AC just wan't strong enough for that room. I requested and got a different room, which was just right.

The room and bathroom were very clean. It was perfectly laid out with all the necessary amenities in the room. There was a small fridge and microwave, large desk, small tv for the room size, sofa and very good bed.

Next morning, I had enjoyed their breakfast, which was very good, especially the pancakes.

I would recommend this hotel to any travelers.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms away from the Sun!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
David C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to having you back soon!!

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

I initially stopped here because of the previous reviews however it was disgusting. I have stayed in a SUPER 8 that was nicer than this. The room was dirty my sons socks were black, I got in the shower and seen dirt coming off my feet as well. The floor literally had a hump in it and was completely uneven in our room. It smelled musty. The room had some cracks in it and overall the hotel was just very outdated. I have stayed at many holiday inn express and am always impressed. However this stay was terrible. I am not high fluently and am a simple person. But dirt is dirt and this place is dirty.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
David C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Thank you for contacting us regarding your stay with us. It is our goal to provide the best possible product for each and everyone of our guests. For this reason, our primary focus is on room cleanliness and guest service. When a guest shares a concern regarding their stay, we take this very serious and complete a full investigation to see what occurred. This allows us the opportunity to improve the guest experience. At your earliest convienence, please contact me at the property at (205) 776-6370, so that I may gather additional information about your stay. Thank you for your assistance, as we seek to provide an excellent guest experience!!

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

I got upgraded to a 2 queen suite for a weekend visit. Very nice and close to the summit and good eating places. Staying on the fifth floor was nice. Except the sun rise came in through the window. Oh well only a minor inconvenience. It would be nice to have power outlets on the lamp between the beds like I have seen in other hotels.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future!!