“Comfortable beds , clean room , and breakfast was legit .”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness
Ranked #41 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 20 October 2016

When I got to the hotel I chose to do my booking through the front desk . Tara was the one who helped get me in and in a great 2 bed w/ sitting area room . She was so very helpful and had a great personality that myself and best friend where able to talk to and share some things with during our breakfast , and let me just say, breakfast was LEGIT BOTH days. Eggs , pancakes , country ham , sausage , gravy , biscuits , fruit . and multiple other items . IT WAS SO GOOD . It was also nice 2 go during the Snoozapalooza event and was able to go eat breakfast at 10 and It was nice and quite from the morning rush being gone. Tara explained we picked a good time to go because around 8-9 she was doing the best she could to keep the food filled up from the morning rush. I dont mind being around alot of ppl , but enjoyed the quiet breakfast with my friend . Also enjoyed the friendliness of not just Tara , but the woman who prepared breakfast the following day . Everyone was so nice and polite and everyone made sure to look you in your face and say hello . I was even impressed that when I would go out to my car even the ppl that where taking the trash out made sure to tell me hello and were super friendly .
As far as the room , it was clean . Beds were clean and there were lots of places to sit . Wished the TV could have been a bit bigger , but I enjoyed my 2night stay here on a relaxing weekend of doing absolutely nothing .

Room Tip: anywhere away from elevator traffic , and hit up the legit breakfast around 9-10 for a nice quiet br...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
David C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to having you back soon!!

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

We've been to many HI's around the US and throughout the world. This is one of the least impressive we've seen. Dated and worn decor, threadbare sheets, springs coming through the mattress...badly in need of complete renovation. The only reason it got 2 stars is for the friendly staff and convenient location. Would NOT choose to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of beginning a full room renovation of the entire property. We look forward to having you back once the renovation is complete.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

As you'd expect. Staff are superb and make the difference in what is otherwise a chain hotel. Rooms are good size, clean and well serviced. Breakfast is OK, fair choice but for me, far too much sweet stuff, but that personal. Location is convenient but finding it needs some attention, as I missed it the first time as it stands back from the road and cant be seen, the sign was also easily missed. Would use again

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
David C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you formyour kind words. We hope to see you back in the future!!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

I was on business and had booked my stay at Holiday Inn Express. I would have never found the hotel if it wasn't for my Apple map. It is located on a very busy street and 100's of businesses. It sits a little inside (off the road).

The check in process was extremely pleasant, I was a little early, but they accommodated me. Initially, the room that was offered, was nice and large (I believe it was a Suite), but when I entered the room, it was extremely warm in the room. Initially, I thought it was because of the warm weather and the sunlight was coming into the room via the two separate windows. But after 10 minutes, I noticed that the AC just wan't strong enough for that room. I requested and got a different room, which was just right.

The room and bathroom were very clean. It was perfectly laid out with all the necessary amenities in the room. There was a small fridge and microwave, large desk, small tv for the room size, sofa and very good bed.

Next morning, I had enjoyed their breakfast, which was very good, especially the pancakes.

I would recommend this hotel to any travelers.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms away from the Sun!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
David C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to having you back soon!!

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I initially stopped here because of the previous reviews however it was disgusting. I have stayed in a SUPER 8 that was nicer than this. The room was dirty my sons socks were black, I got in the shower and seen dirt coming off my feet as well. The floor literally had a hump in it and was completely uneven in our room. It smelled musty. The room had some cracks in it and overall the hotel was just very outdated. I have stayed at many holiday inn express and am always impressed. However this stay was terrible. I am not high fluently and am a simple person. But dirt is dirt and this place is dirty.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
David C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you for contacting us regarding your stay with us. It is our goal to provide the best possible product for each and everyone of our guests. For this reason, our primary focus is on room cleanliness and guest service. When a guest shares a concern regarding their stay, we take this very serious and complete a full investigation to see what occurred. This allows us the opportunity to improve the guest experience. At your earliest convienence, please contact me at the property at (205) 776-6370, so that I may gather additional information about your stay. Thank you for your assistance, as we seek to provide an excellent guest experience!!

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

I got upgraded to a 2 queen suite for a weekend visit. Very nice and close to the summit and good eating places. Staying on the fifth floor was nice. Except the sun rise came in through the window. Oh well only a minor inconvenience. It would be nice to have power outlets on the lamp between the beds like I have seen in other hotels.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

For the price, this was worth the stay. It was clean and in a safe and convenient area. Check in was a breeze. Plenty of parking that is well lit. Nice breakfast included. Indoor pool. My only complaint is that our room seemed to not cool very well. The humidity inside was also abnormally high.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank samiley
Chelsea R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham/Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Thank you so much for the nice comments. But we are sorry the room was not as cool as you would have liked. It has been a very hot summer here. We do appreciate you bring this to our attention, so we can get the issues resolved. We do hope you will stay with us again. Have a wonderful day.