All reviewssmall dogroom was cleansafe areanice areaeasy accessstaff was very friendlycontinental breakfastwould stay here againgreat place to staythe breakfast areavery nice hotelnice staypetragtimehooverfloridainterstate
Reviewed July 23, 2018

This was the worst place ever to stay. The staff has no Customer Service Training, when a issue as serious as the one my family encountered. We had to relocate, and some functions had to be cancelled due to the severity of the bites my daughter encountered.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQGM_11, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Reviewed July 21, 2018

While traveling, it can be difficult to find a place to stay with our big dog. This place was perfect. We have stayed at La Quinta hotels before, but not this particular one. Everyone was helpful and the room was clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0954gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Thank you for leaving your comments. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in your future travels.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

This hotel was not up to par compared to other LaQuinta hotels. Hallways were not swept, elevator floor was dirty. We asked for adjoining rooms and did not get it. One of our rooms smelled like animal pee and we had to move. Breakfast was not a normal LaQuinta breakfast, no hot eggs and no fruit. Staff was very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for leaving your comments. I do apologize for not meeting your standards during your stay. Your comments will be shared with the staff in order to make improvements. Again, I apologize for the issues you had during your stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Being a pet friendly hotel LaQuinta is where we stayed twice on a road trip with our 7 pound Maltipoo. On the way home we stopped in the Birmingham/Hoover hotel. We stayed in room 335 which was a king suite. We arrived after nine in the evening and not long after we got to our room I noticed there was a stain on the white bed spread. Pulling back the cover I was horrified to find yellow stains on a dingy sheet. Then I noticed a gray spot on one of the bed pillows. I called the front desk and asked the gentleman if someone from housekeeping could please change our bed linens. He apologized after I explained what I found but told me that there was no one from housekeeping available at that hour. He said he would bring some clean bedding but he couldn’t stay to put them on the bed because he was busy at the front desk. Right away he delivered the linens. As my husband and I stripped the bed we saw that the bottom of the fitted sheet, where feet would lay, was dirty and there was a little bit of debris that came off someone’s feet. Then it dawned on us that the housekeeper had not changed the sheets after the last guest stayed in that room. The sheets weren’t just stained, they were dirty. I can’t tell you how grossed out I was and I had a very difficult time sleeping in that bed even after we had changed the sheets. The hotel room itself seem to be in fairly good condition for an older hotel, but the furniture was worn and the bathtub looked old even though it was clean. I can handle worn as long as things are very clean. If you choose to stay in a cheap hotel I suppose you can expect that the sheets might not be very clean, but staying at La Quinta I expected my sheets to be clean. I won’t be staying at this particular hotel again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
LQGM_11, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you for your review. We truly regret that the accommodations were not what you have expected. Your opinion and satisfaction is very important to us and I am very sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. Your feedback will be used as we look to make improvements and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

The hotel was beautiful, both inside and out. Upon entering the hotel, the hotel had a scent of "Clean". It was absolutely beautiful. The room was perfect. The pool was perfect and clean. The options for breakfast expanded from fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage and biscuits. For the price, I expected some hiccups in our stay, but it was absolutely perfect! Superb value

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to reply about your experience while lodging with us. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with your stay and look forward to serving you again next time you are in the area.