All reviews the concierge lounge m club front desk full service hotel nice hotel renovated room up to date corner room the entire staff indoor pool hotel restaurant shopping and restaurants business trip enjoyed my stay lobby summit williams
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a weekend in May and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is in an excellent location, one of the nicest areas in Birmingham. The renovated king room was modern and clean. The television has access to Hulu and Netflix, however the internet was painfully slow. As others have mentioned, the lobby and other floors of the hotel are being renovated, but that was of no inconvenience whatsoever. I definitely recommend the Birmingham Marriott for your next trip to Birmingham.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
MarriottBirmingham, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

We couldn't be more pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and found our proximity to some of Birmingham's top attractions and restaurants to be ideal. Thank you for the feedback and recommendation to other travelers. All of us at the Birmingham Marriott look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 10, 2017

I try to stay exclusively at Marriotts and I am a Platinum Level Rewards member. I booked a renovated room at this hotel. The room was huge and exceeded my expectations in terms of the striking renovations, the internet cable TV, the bathroom, the towels, the bed,and the comfort control system. We are in the process of designing a new house and will frequently commute from Charlotte to Baton Rouge. We always break the trip up into 2 days in each direction due to the distance. This hotel will be on our route whenever possible.

The bathroom and its huge shower with a multifaceted shower and hand held flexible shower wand was a very modern design. 2 large glass doors along the entrance to the shower. The floor was a type of grainy grey tile and it was beautiful and very slip resistant. It was so tasteful that I snapped a couple of pictures of the tile and grout to show my wife as possible choices for our soon to be built new home.

The offerings in the temporary Concierge Lounge on the lobby floor were excellent. Really pleased with the dinner offerings and snacks. I thought the breakfast setup across the hall was very good. In truth, I've stayed at Marriotts with regular Concierge Lounges (Hello sorry Knoxville, TN Marriott) where there was almost nothing at breakfast. This hotel had a full range of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, grits that were out of this world, cold cuts, fruit, juices, breads & pastries, and great coffee. The attendants were very nice and the lady in the lounge in the morning was particularly helpful and greeted everyone and told them of the set up. This Marriott and its staff members went out of its way to accommodate their guests. My wife and I will stay here during our commutes to Baton Rouge. Excellent in every way.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
MarriottBirmingham, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2017

Thank you for choosing the Birmingham Marriott for your break between travels, it is always a pleasure having you here. We were excited to read that our renovated guest room exceeded your expectations in every way! We are grateful for your kind mention of our staff as well as our full assortment of breakfast items. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you hit the road!

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Our stay at the Birmingham Marriott was great.
From the moment we arrived and checked-in, we were greeted with a
genuine smile and helpful information.
Having been on the road all day, after being shown where the concierge lounge was located, I stopped off on my way up to the room for a few refreshments. I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of finger foods (fresh fruits and vegetables with a cheese tray, as well as chicken strips) in addition to a well-stocked cooler of various soft drinks, water, and coffee/tea.
Our room was nicely renovated and offered the new Marriott addition of TED television. It was a regular room that was still easily accessible by wheelchair.
That morning my husband wasn’t feeling well, so I went down to grab breakfast for the two of us. The server in the dining area was beyond hospitable – not only did he round up two to-go plates for us, but prepared juice in to-go cups and brought out a bag to make it easier for me to carry it upstairs to the room. In my many travels, I don’t know that I’ve ever had that level of service at a non-luxury hotel.
He was that way with all the guest in the dining area while I was in there.
Overall, it was a very pleasant hotel experience and, next time I’m in Birmingham, we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
MarriottBirmingham, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

It made us so happy to read that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us. Thank you for sharing your wonderful praise of our services. Our team will be thrilled to learn that their extra efforts made your day! It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Birmingham Marriott!

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has been updated and the room was very modern. Mattress and pillows were great and the local was perfect for us. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was due to housekeeping. The room was clean, but there was no hand towel, only one wash cloth, no stirring sticks for coffee, and only a partial roll of toilet paper (we ran out). I hope this was a fluke with our room and not a way to cut expenses.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
MarriottBirmingham, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were sorry to hear that a few things were not up to par in your guest room. That is unlike our housekeeping team, and we’ll be sure to address these points with them. We do hope this didn’t detract from enjoying your overall visit to Birmingham. We hope you will think of us again at the Birmingham Marriott; we trust we can provide you with an even better stay next time!

Reviewed April 28, 2017

Stayed at this property back in February 2017 - while we were placed on a floor that was completed renovated, much of the remaining parts of the hotel still were either being renovated or were soon up for renovation, including the lobby and restaurant. As we have a child in college in Birmingham, we visit the area a couple times a year and after our February visit, decided to stay elsewhere in Birmingham until this hotel is fully renovated.

As for our updated room, it was beautiful - but be warned. Not sure if all the renovated rooms will be this way, but ours did not have a shower/tub combo - only a huge walk-in, beautiful shower. So if you are a tub devotee, or have small children who need baths, you may want to confirm whether your room has a tub. The overall feel of the renovated room, including bathroom, reminded me of hotels that I stayed in Japan. An item that definitely felt was awkward was the bathroom door as it was a frosted glass barn style sliding door (all the rage now). While the glass is frosted, still didn't feel private enough - fine with traveling with immediate family, but would be odd with friends. Second, the sliding door, while closed, still had gaps on either side, so smells waft through into the hotel room - even with the bath fan on. Also, shower steam wafted through too. Not sure if the barn doors where installed incorrectly or this was an oversight of using these types of doors - but either way - not good. The hotel needs to provide room freshener for the bathroom.

Other than the renovation - the hotel was nice. Staff was nice, breakfast at the restaurant was good, room was clean. The hotel's location is what looks to be the entrance to an office park right off of 280 - which can be very, very busy during rush hour. The hotel must have good windows we didn't hear any traffic noise from our room.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
MarriottBirmingham, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

While we truly appreciate your kind sentiments for our staff, breakfast and clean rooms, we hope you’ll accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences or challenges that you encountered with our bathroom. We understand that our contemporary style and design is not for everyone and we appreciate the feedback that you were able to provide for us. As a frequent traveler to Birmingham, we hope you’ll give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.