New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville

Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Woodstock, Virginia
“Most Hamptons are GREAT this one is good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is an older hotel (it seems) good location, great breakfast but the rooms are just a bit small as are the beds. If this was any other hotel chain i would give it a better rating only because for the most paert i have found the hampton Inns a step above most others. The price they charge per stay is high compared to others in the area and i feel if you pay more you should expect more..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank f0urstar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed here for a weekend and couldn't sleep. The A/C makes a terrible noise. Asked other guests and they had the same experience, so it must be systematic throughout the property. AVOID this location.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank swsmith
Camp Springs, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

Friendly staff, clean rooms and great location! The staff was very accommodating to our needs. A nice quite hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Stoutland, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

We stayed three nights at the Hampton Inn in Trussville, AL during the ice storm of January 2011. The staff at the hotel went out of their way to make our stay a possitive experience. They were helpful in pointing out places to visit while in the area and recommended several restaurants. They were always cheerful, professional and courteous during our entire stay. We will definately stay in this Hotel whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

I enjoyed my stay at hampton inn trussiville. Front desk staff were very helpful with giving me direction. Shopping and plenty of resturant nearby.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Murfreesboro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

We travel every weekend for softball tournaments and have stayed in many excellent Hampton Inns. This is not one of them. Avoid this hotel at all costs. I won't bore you with the litany of problems we encountered, I'll simply share the worst part of the experience. I was outside. My wife was in the shower and our daughter flushed the toilet and it overflowed. Two inches of feces mixed water was on the floor before she could get out and locate the water valve and shut it off. She called down to the front desk and was told that maintenance would not be in for over an hour. What about housekeeping? They aren't in yet either. No I'm sorry. No how can I help you. Just deal with it yourself. My wife then requested some towels be sent up so she could deal with it. Ten minutes later a lady arrived with THREE towels. My wife then went downstairs and asked to speak to the manager and was told that the lady she had been speaking with was the only person on the property and that she had sent up some towels what more did she want. My wife asked for more towels and was told by the lady who had brought them up that three was the maximum she was allowed to bring. Eventually my wife secured enough towels that we could pad the feces water covered bathroom floor enough to brush our teeth and evacuate the hotel. The feces mixed water had by that point overflowed out into the carpet. An hour later, maintenance arrived, plunged the toilet and left us with feces soaked towels carpeting the bathroom floor. No one ever came to mop up the water even though this went on for over two hours. When we checked out there was no "I'm sorry let alone any credit on our bill". When I said something about the incident, I was told, "well I sent maintenance up" and I said yes they plunged the toilet and left us with the mess. The management at this hotel is rude, incompetent and disinterested. There are too many other excellent hotels located in the vicinity to deal with this kind of unprofessional management. AVOID this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rockettraveler9
mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

I was traveling with 3 of my sisters (all over 50, in two separate cars.) After having car trouble, we decided to stop in Trussville for the nite. I called central reservations at 10:25 pm and told them we would arrive in about two hours. They gave me a confirmation number for a room with two queens. Then we were on our way Upon arrival shortly after midnite, we were nonchalantly informed that no room was available. All he had was one king room. No apology. He knew we were coming but did not inform central reservations who could have called my cell phone and we could have stopped before we got to the outskirts of Birmingham. We asked if there was another hotel nearby and he started giving directions.My sister asked him to call to see if they had rooms and he grudgingly did. We found the Courtyard Inn easily, and found accomodations and service wonderful. Price was cheaper than the Hampton. I called the next day to central reservations to complain and was told I would be contacted by hotel fo ensure my satisfaction. I received a condescending apology by email citing a different arrival time and date of reservation. I immediately emailed back with correct facts and questions. After more than a week, I emailed that she apparently was not interested in addressing the problem. In the meantime, central reservations had emailed to say that they were happy the matter had been resolved to my satisfaction and a free room offered. Vanessa Starling at Hampton in Trussville sent an email full of misspellings to say the GM, a Mr. Patel would contact me the next day. Four days, and no contact has been made.No room nor real apology has been offered. I would be afraid to take a room as I might not have it when we got there. I just wanted them to inform the clerk of what he should do to avoid someone else having the problem.

This really saddens me as my sisters and I have met and stayed at that hotel more than once and found it to be a convenient, nice place to stay. However, new ownership has taken over since then, and the service does not equal the Hampton expectation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family