“super nice owner and super delicious foid”
Review of Emma

Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Dali
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Description: This is a restaurant of Chinese home-style cuisine based on the local flavor and Yunnan ingredients with less oil and less additive. We are in the center of Dali ancient town against Yu'er park back door . We serve dishes for non-vegetarian and vegetarian. Also we try to combine different ways of cooking for finding new fusion flavor . Welcome to Emma! Please enjoy your meal with your family and beloved ones !
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant is about to close when I arrive, the owner-couple were both so nice to allow me in and prepare food, the “Dali cheese rice wine” (乳扇米酒酿) is superb, will definitely come back again

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Dali, a magic place and I am here to experience a different way to live in China. I want to Thank you johnny to introduce myself in this wonderful town. I etered inside a simple but worm place, Emma's restaurant. Nice people and good environment. I Started with a chicken soup....with Angelica, goji berries and 3 different kinds of mushroom. I thought to be in my grandmother home. A flowour coming from the Ancient time. Delicious and simple. After we ordered fried chicken with wild mushroom and pepper. A little spicy and perfect to recover after a long wolk on cangshan mountain and the xima lake (really amazing places). U have also to try the sauted potatoes....A personal chef style way to cook. Just try and you will understand what I mean. I really think that some people is born to give us a short but intense happines. So, Let's try this little and unique chinese Hosteria. Don't forget to ask to not put chili pepper if u don't like. Enjoy your time. With love Corrado...

Reviewed September 12, 2018

A little off the beaten track, it is well worth making the effort to find Emma’s. This small and friendly restaurant offers an extensive selection of local cuisine, all cooked to order with fresh ingredients. We especially enjoyed the mushrooms with beef and the dried ham with asparagus lettuce. Sit in the back and you can watch your dishes being prepared.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

The food is really good unique and special taste . The service is very good and efficient. We liked specialt the Japanese pumpkin .

vega s, Owner at Emma, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Dear guest ,

Thank you very much for such lovely review for us on TA. I am really happy that you liked the food . The more appreciation for your positive review for our service . Although we are not really professional on our serving ,but we try to make our guests feel more like home . Again, thanks for coming .
Wish you two had a great trip in Yunnan !

Cheers

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Emma is a relatively simple Chinese restaurant with excellent local food, great service and a wide selection of international beers at much cheaper prices than other places. Menus are in English and Chinese and Emma (the owner and manager) speaks superb English. I really can't recommend this place enough.

vega s, Owner at Emma, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Dear Andy,

Thank you for such highly recommendation for us. Because of all your coming , I do feel this restaurant has a heart beat . Thank you very much for bring beautiful human energy to shape the romance for Emma's . My appreciation really goes beyond the words . I always feel the people I met, the book I read and the places I go has a subtle connection with my future, thanks to all of you to make me feel there is something beauty out there . And I am lucky to met you two at your last stay in Dali. Wish see you two again somewhere !

Cheers

Emma

Been to Emma? Share your experiences!