“Ate Lunch here”
Review of Kaiyi's Kitchen

Kaiyi's Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 128 Restaurants in Dali
Reviewed May 7, 2018

I had an Asian type stir fry with chicken and pork. varied vegetables; a pepsi and rice. It was very good. A family owned restaurant with their residence above the restaurant not an uncommon situation in Eastern Asia; China, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Korea, Japan and other countries I've visited or lived in. I didn't take a photo but should have. Staff spoke good English, appeared this restaurant primarily catered to foreign tourists. I would recommend eating here; very clean also.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We had there the vegetable pizza for dinner which was good. We also had two glasses of local wine which their price was really good and we liked the taste as well. I really recommend to sit on the balcony, it's cozy and nice. We ordered dessert which we didn't get, they probably forgot about it. Of course we didn't pay for the dessert.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Very good value restaurant with excellent service. One can just have a drink or lunch or dinner.Beer was only 15 yuan for a big bottle of Tsingtao. We made a mistake and went in one of the places with live music and were charged 90 yuan for a beer, so be careful and avoid these places like the plague unless you want to be fleeced. The food was good and so was the service.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

We had lunch here. The menu seems to be mostly Bai food but also has some western dishes. The setting was very pleasant but the food was just okay. The location is very good - on Foreigner Street - and was convenient to our hotel. Because the food is so inexpensive, it's probably worth a try.

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

The guy who served my food kept coughing and spluttering, and maybe that just made me a bit more cynical about the food in general.

I had the American breakfast, and it was mostly fine, but the scrambled eggs had a weird texture, and it was overly salted.

I'd still consider returning though if someone recommended a particular dish.