“Excellent Korean Food in Pretty Surroundings with Very Helpful and Attentive Service”

No.3 Korean Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 114 Restaurants in Dali
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Korean
Description: No.3 Korean Restaurant is run by Korean and Chinese couple. We make traditional Korean popular food.
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We were actually headed for Mulan Restaurant, which is also reviewed on TA, but this restaurant's storefront caught our eye. We had read the reviews of it here, but weren't sure we wanted Korean while soaking up (touristy) Chinese culture. The clean, bright, comfortable feel that radiated from the windows made us look closer. We saw fresh and attractively presented food on people's plates. My partner showed the staff her note in Chinese characters that says, "I don't eat beef, pork, lamb, chicken, duck or any other meat. I do eat fish and shellfish and all vegetables." The hostess and a waitress, with some interest and excitement, paged through their menu pointing to their picks for her. We took a cozily stylish seat and ended up each choosing BiBimBop, with squid for my partner and traditional beef for me. We agreed that it was an exemplary interpretation of the dish. Our orders came with three different kinds of pickles and generous bowls of seaweed soup on the side. We shared a large bottle of the local Dali beer, which is clean and light.

It was the best meal of our three days in Dali. Go. You'll like it.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Dont eat Korean in Dali, try some yunnan food instead. The food was cold and did not taste fresh....

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Quaint place a little hard to find up an alley. Good quality real korean food well priced. Homey relaxed vibe. A sound choice.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

This is one of the most authentic Korean restaurants I've been to in China. The Bibimbap came with a raw egg, not pre-cooked as most of them do. The meat was served with shiso leaves ( AKA sesame leaves, or beefsteak plant) which I've never seen in China. We were also treated to complimentary ginkgo nuts, a nice seasonal snack in Korea. Though I don't know the Chinese names for most Korean dishes, the menu was presented on a tablet PC with clear pictures of each dish. The server spoke enough English to explain and recommend the dishes. These guys know what they're doing!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I love Korean food. Over the moon to find this lovely Korean restaraunt in Dali. Cross main road, opp Ren Min Lu, up mountain 5 mins on left. Brilliant food. Suzy a great host also.