All reviewstiger leaping gorgebeautiful gardenold townprivate balconyshower curtaindrivertaxienglishoutskirtsheating
Reviewed November 13, 2014

The hotel is a little out of the way but well worth the 10 minute walk into town.
The service is exceptional from the booking of tours and transport to the tea and nibbles when you arrive back each day. Torches are supplied if you leave the hotel in the evening although only a short stretch is unlit.
Our room was spacious and very clean with electric blankets and wonderful hot water supply.
Definitely would recommend

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2014

Lovely little place, lovely people, great price. stunning mountain views too. throughly recommended.
a bit of a walk from the town and its retaurants but worth ir for the isolation from the crowds and the views.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms have a view of the mountain but are twice the price. for me worth it to be able to throw open curtains in the morning for that astonishing view.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2014

Us 4 ladies stayed here for 4 nights. I can't think of anything not to like. Linda the chef boss and Julie the helper made us felt at home from the 1st moment we arrived till we got on the van to the airport. Linda is from Beijing she was wonder, she speaks little English but she smiles so well she would make you so easy to settle in; she made us breakfast each morning her dumplings are unforgettable, her ginger tea melts any icy feeling you have. Her assistant Julie is so sweet and helpful you treat her her like a young sister. Then there is the ah yee (another helper) and Linda's father and the 2 dogs they all serve you like a family. There is the wild garden and the rooms with electric blankets that keeps you warm thru the nights. If you are not fussy this is the perfect location in Lijiang. Price is reasonable, service is superb, location is close to Shuhe town and only 15 mins away from Lijiang old town, rmb40 by taxi. Lijiang is really a gem of china.. I had no idea you can see such beauty in china. If I go to Lijiang again I would not hesitate a bit to stay at this chalet again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lazysuz
Reviewed October 26, 2014

A thousand thanks to Bruce, Bella & Juli during my stay for their great personal hospitality.
This hotel is well equipped with reasonable rate. 6-7 minutes walking distance away from Shuhe Old town. I was travelling alone but I enjoyed talking to all of them (as well as playing with the puppy) and obtain useful information for my trip-planning reference.

Bruce has been very helpful attending all my inquiries about my trip on sight-seeing spots, food and itinerary. (hesitation is not required in this hotel)
Would love to come back and stay again any summer in near future.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KianPengC
Reviewed October 23, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have arrived to Bruce Chalet after staying 2 nights at Lijiang old town.
The hotel located 7 min walk from Shuhe ancient town which is exactly like Lijiang old town but less crowded. Bruce, his wife and the staff are so nice and helpful.
Bruce's wife is making excellent breakfast everyday, very recommended.
Every time we got back to the hotel someone offered us some tea and fruits which was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple