“Cute find and lovely food”
Review of Giaxa

Giaxa
Ranked #26 of 158 Restaurants in Hvar
Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We booked here as it looked very romantic which it was ! My boyfriend and I loved our food if not on the pricey side , think dinner out in London style . The waiter was super helpful with the wine etc , we sat out in the courtyard and would recommend!

2  Thank Lauren Francesc... G

Reviewed October 8, 2017

The restaurant looks very nice but unfortunately doesn't have the food and service to match. Service was incredibly slow from the outset and didn't get any better - nonetheless always polite.

The food was average and my supposed medium-rare steak came out well and truly cooked!

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Gnocchi with octopus in a spicy tomato sauce
OMG! If only l could give this a 10. This was the most amazing dish l've had ever, not even in Italy have l eaten gnocchi this wonderful! It tasted like a soft pillowy dumpling and the octopus was fresh and exquisite. I could not believe l was the only person in this restaurant...where is everyone???

2  Thank No_mad_haven
Reviewed October 4, 2017

I had the a fabulous dinner here and can thoroughly recommend it. The menu was excellent and had amazing starters and main courses. The steak was wonderful, and the gnocchi was lovely with the steak. My ravioli starter was incredible. The service was swift and polite and we sat in the little street outside which was really pretty at night with beautiful lights everywhere. It is very popular so would book. The only criticism I would have is that they were very off-hand about us reserving a specific table outside for us, even though we asked for it at 7.30 (so relatively early) they said if someone else wanted it, they would get it which I didn't think was too accommodating considering we were reserving it!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

It was a great restaurant in terms of decor. The food was ok but it wasn't delicious The servings are extremely poor and after travelling Europe for a month this was probably our worst meal. The staff were ok but could have been more friendlier.