“good salads and breaksfasts”
Review of Mustaco Restaurant

Mustaco Restaurant
Ranked #82 of 163 Restaurants in Hvar
Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At only 2 km from the town center, on the largest peble beach of Hvar town, is situated Restaurant Mustaco. The place with beautiful ambient where You can taste Dalmatian specialties, especially fish and lobsters that we catch. The restaurant also has a bar where with chill out music with your friends you can enjoy tasty cocktails. When the sun goes down you can enjoy a relaxing and romantic ambiance while watching at the sea.
Reviewed August 11, 2016

Good beach bar with an adequate menu. Salads were very good and breakfast was typical from Croatia. Price is ok taking into account it is a beach restaurant. Our little complaint is that our host told us to say we were send by them and we would have a 10% discount (reason why we ate there), and they offered us a desert instead. It was nice from them, but it wasnt what we were told.

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

I ate there last summer, and had the worst experience ever. I took a seat in the first raw, and was happy to be next to the sea. But the waiter sent me to an other table, where there wasnt any view and was no fresh breaze, with the excuss hoping for bigger group, although there were more empty tables in the first raw. I ordered fried calamari, probably the worst in my life. In the end, i asked the waiter to call the manager, so i could share my experience in the hope they would be motivated to try to get better. The waiter was a young guy, and asked for the reason, why i would like to speak to the manager. I told him, that the calamari wasnt fresh at all. I was surprised when he honestly sad, he knows, their calamari was never fresh. When i could finally complain to the manager, he was lying ans saying that their calamari is always fresh and in busy time they cant allow people on their own our 2 persons to sit in the first raw, cause there might arrive bigger groups. TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Reviewed August 4, 2016

The worst meal I had in Croatia. The calamari was really terrible. The service was not much better either. I was recommended to come here by someone else but this was a great dissapointment

1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed August 3, 2016

Where to begin: the spot leaves you without words. The beach unbelievable beautiful and calm, the water is cristalclear and the restaurant belongs to the Top Ten on the island since they have the new cook. We spoke alot to hear about cooking and we not only ate very well but also she gave us the impression she knows what we want and how we want our dishes. Its delicious.The quality , especially of the fish is high end. The waiters are very professional and friendly. Just the boss is a little arrogant - but it doesnt harm the whole thing (morao sam ti ga malo spustit ;) ) When in Hvar this spot is a 100 % MUST.

2  Thank Alen V
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Great time and great food at Mustaco beach restaurant. Grilled shrimp, grilled calamari both grilled to perfection! Generous portions for salads. Service is your standard for Hvar. Excellent beach location, can enjoy meals in your bathing suits meters away from the sea!