Open today: 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Review Highlights
Legendary club in Hvar

After many years I came back to Hvar to check it out. I spent at least 10 years of summer vacation... read more

Reviewed October 2, 2018
Aro8
Zagreb, Croatia
Great set up for some tedious music

Was very excited for a BNO here with a large group of friends and with a boat trip to get there etc... read more

Reviewed August 8, 2018
Squeakasuarus
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Hvar
from US$39.92
from US$1,542.80
from US$92.57
from US$98.35
More Info
All reviews pre drinking great bar great music every night water taxi barman harbour chill split
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Great bar with a great history and cosy atmosphere in the heart of hvar harbor. Prices are bit too high but in the other hand you are on the one of the most beautiful world islands.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank fenjaillectric
Bernd Z, Manager at Carpe Diem Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Thanks for the positive revenue! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Very Chic place. We enjoyed drinks here which were great. We visited in May so it was not overly crowded. I imagine in the summer months that this place will really be busy. worth the visit as the drinks were and the atmosphere were great.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank StevenDS

Thanks for the positive revenue! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Bad service, unpleasant. Drinks ok, expensive. If not blocked by ferries the sunset is in front view.

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank 814lisak
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

While in Hvar we checked most of the hot spots and on the last night we went to Carpe Diem Bar and I really regret not having gone there sooner. It has the most mature crowd on the island and the bar is more trendy than a lot of the other spots. Drinks were solid and the music was good. Would certainly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank roblindsay89
Bernd Z, Leiter Front Office at Carpe Diem Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Thanks for that great revenue. We are all happy that you had a good time! See you again!
Warmest regards

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

I have never went out my way to write a bad review of a restaurant, however I feel compelled to since my experience here was awful! In a nutshell.. it's obnoxious and try too hard, overpriced and has extremely rude waiters.

I ordered a mozzarella salad with spicy jalapeños on the side. Judging by the price tag you can imagine my surprise when I was served a few pieces of cheap mozzarella on a few rocket leaves. I didn't see my spicy jalapeños so put it down to the fact he'd forgot to bring them. This waiter was extremely unapproachable so I didn't find it easy to get his attention.. he just was not attentive.

Next I ordered a ridiculously expensive shisha (hookah) pipe. The price was astronomical but I'm a regular shisha smoker and had high expectations. 10 minutes into smoking it I needed more coal as it had ran out. I asked the waiter and he said he wasn't able to put more coal. (???) I'm sorry.. 350 kunas, really? I've never been to a country where they are not able to give more coal. It was then I realized how much of a rip off this place was! They put on their attention on the aesthetics of the place but when it comes to quality and hospitality.. bahhh forget it!

Lastly.. the bill comes. Low and behold I'm charged for the jalapeños. I query this with the waiter and he tells me he did bring it. In fact "spicy jalapeños" as it was written on the menu.. turns out to be a minuscule slice of jalapeño in a ton of olive oil! I tell him that when I order spicy jalapeños.. I don't expect olive oil.. and as I didn't even touch it I shouldn't be charged. It was extremely misleading however he did not seem to give a damn.. he just kept saying "I can't do anything about it" and I have to pay for it. Actually, for me it wasn't about the money in the end.. it was about the quality of the products against what was actually delivered. And without even a single smile!

Make your own mind about coming here.. but know what to expect. Which is a hole in your wallet for nothing.

Date of experience: August 2017
7  Thank wylieimogen
Bernd Z, Manager at Carpe Diem Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

you should check where you write your revenues!!!! We don`t serve even food!!!!