“amazing place”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Pazin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Best restauran you will find in 50 km range around Istria.
Perfect atmosphere, make sure you sit next to the fire place during winter and on the balcony in summer time!

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

I am very pleased that our customer took us here for lunch.

The kitchen is incredible good.

Never had such a tender and tasteful steak.

Fantastic.

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

First of all, in the middle of Istra you can find a real authentic experience of beautiful Istra, which means that you can enjoy all that homemade food with great view on green valleys and hills, trust me, it's a croatian Toscany !
This is Beram, a small place near Pazin.
My girlfriend and I ordered a white truffles (the most precious truffles) with ravioli. It was outstanding ! 140 HRK (croatian kunas) per person, she had a mineral water and I ordered istrian beer, San Servolo (dark). Well, when you're here, you must try all istrian food and drinks !
Service and staff were really quick and a really helpful, all credits for chef !
Well, you know what to do when you're here !

1  Thank Vedran C
Reviewed October 6, 2017

My wife and I ate dinner at Konoba Vela Vrata in late September. We didn't have a reservation and when we arrived the inside tables were either occupied or reserved, so we ate on the patio. The weather was cool and rainy, and the patio had no heaters - so it was a bit unseasonal to be out there. Our meal, however, was very good. I had steak and pasta with white truffles. the steak was perfectly cooked and very tender, and the freshly-shaved white truffles were lovely over the pasta. We didn't avail of the free dessert, but the complimentary schnapps was welcome. I guess they took pity on us, because the waitress found us a table inside in the warmth (after we had finished our main course). A word of caution - Beram is a tiny town at the top of a very windy road. Use caution if you are traveling in the dark for the first time, as there are plenty of ways for that to end badly. Make a reservation to ensure that you have a seat inside!

1  Thank WJP89
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Have visited here several times and always enjoyed it. The hillside setting is idyllic, the interior roomy and comfy with a few dogs usually dozing somewhere nearby. There's always a fire burning in the grate, and much of the cooking seems to be done right there in front of you. The local pasta with truffles is delicious, but the main thing is the steak, seared over the fire and really quite special. Even for a non-devotee who prefers things a little less rare than most, it was very enjoyable. Service was prompt and friendly, options not limited only to steak but we didn't really consider much else. Will doubtless drop in again some time.