We rested in Delfin in August-September 2017. We will definitely return next year, although we never stop in one place twice.
This hotel is for those who, like us,
- amazing nature. The hotel practically occupies own peninsula covered with forest. Running squirrels and lizards. Along the sea there is a long promenade convenient for bicycles and hiking. Benches along the whole promenade. Comparing with the more expensive hotels of the Green Lagoon Delfin territory is much more splendid.
- a long strip of beaches for all tastes - pebbly (though the entrance to the sea is problematic), platforms (very comfort entrance), rocky coast. There are many picturesque coves. The forest comes straight to the beach, so you can always hide in the shade of trees or choose an open platform to sunbathe.
The beach infrastructure around the hotel is also pleased. Many stalls with delicious - fruits, ice cream/juices, pancakes with different fillings, fast food. Right on the beach there is a pretty restaurant with an ambiguous name Saint & Sinner. With soft armchairs where you can cose for the whole day for a cup of cool coffee, periodically roll down into the transparent Adriatic and come back.
- the hotel itself with a cozy reception and good Wi Fi (although only at the reception and in restaurants), three restaurants and an aperitif bar.
- cozy rooms without frills. The room did not seem small to us. Absence of refrigerator and TV absolutely did not bother. The shower cubicle is really small, but with European-quality repair. However, for heavyset guests will be uncomfortable. The only real problem is the lack of air conditioning. Impossible to stay in the room during the day. But we only came back in the evening. All other rooms, restaurants, bars and lounges, with air conditioning.
And does not bother with
- monotonous breakfasts, but still tasty enough.
- queues in restaurants for hot dishes. But there are no queues to the barrels of soups and salads. You can always start with snacks, and then stand in line for 3-4 kinds of delicious meat, 2-3 kinds of fish, pasta, potatoes, vegetable dishes and so on and so force.
- a small swimming pool, where there are no free sunbeds. But we preferred the wide range of beaches nearby.
- quacking, barking and laughing gulls early in the morning. I really enjoyed waking up to these enchanting sounds. Now I miss them.
- noisy multilingual crowd and dogs of all breeds.
The last two nights we lived in a more rated 3-star Laguna Materada. The room is bigger and more beautiful, with TVs, safe and hairdryer. There are no queues in the restaurant. The assortment of meals is much more diversified. Trimmed lawns with several trees. A small bare beach platform. Comparing with Delfin it seemed to me a little bit less cozy and a bit stiff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porec Hotel Delfin is actually a town on a small scale. Find your shelter from everyday life in this lovely hotel where it never gets boring. Numerous choices for evening entertainment, organized night swims and walks under the starry sky make this Porec hotel an ideal destination for all those romantically inclined. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Delfin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delfin Hotel Porec
- Hotel Delfin Porec