See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Probably I'm not in love with the place, but even if rooms, service, position is ok, actually quite nice, from my point of view prices here are completely out of mind: cannot think reasonable to spend more then 200€ for sleeping in Novigrad...and this is not even the most expensive...but I'm sure the problem is me, not the hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2017

Even though this hotel lacks AC it's a great deal. The location's excellent, the meals are good, the rooms are very clean, and the price is outstanding. We just returned from a week's stay and the environment and people are wonderful.
The only real negative is that at the dinner meal there is NO free water provided. All drinks for dinner are an added fee.

Room Tip: Bring pool towels because they are not provided !
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2016

The staff are very polite and the location is good but what a shame our room was really terrible. The room furniture is extremely old and shabby and the tiny room had a tired, smelly carpet...the balcony needed to be painted.... and the bathroom was really horrible, inadequate and even dangerous with the sticking up metal strip on the floor going into the bathroom. I am not over fussy at all but I never really felt clean in this room and this was not the fault of the maids who were very polite and good at trying to clean the smelly rooms. Generally, the hotel just needs a real good renovation! Be aware that it is very noisy at night if you have a tiny ocean facing room. The communal areas inside the hotel, the bar and the restaurant are fairly decent with wifi available free of charge in the reception area. The breakfast is good and the dinners are ok with good variety. The pool needs some attention to broken tiles and the lights on the steep stairs down to the promenade need to be fixed. The chance of getting a chair at the pool is very low to nonexistent as, for some reason, some other guests seem to have the necessity to put a towel (the night before) to reserve "their" chair for the entire next day and then don't even necessarily use the chair!! When I asked the hotel front desk about this, I was told to just move the towel from an unoccupied chair. Well, after witnessing the aggressiveness to others who attempted this (when the towel owners reappeared many hours later) I don't think i would have the nerve to try it nor do I think it is my responsibility. I want a peaceful relaxing holiday not a mini war! It is the responsibility of the staff and the staff failed in this (but they told me they are not permitted by corporate management to do anything about it). I think a review in corporate management interaction with hotel managers is needed here as a hotel where the majority of customers cannot use the pool facilities because of the selfishness of a few individuals is simply absurd. Corporate management needs to listen to what the hotel managers are telling them in order to improve the service...Unfortunately, despite the polite staff and great position, I cannot recommend the hotel as I personally would not want to stay there again. What a shame because it has the real potential to be a great hotel...

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may be less noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank clariecjt
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Very close to the beach.. like 1minute great food every day .. room was clean but small.. and the staff was very nice. I would do it again.. realy great for this price! Is very close to the city

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina G
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

For a 2 star hotel it really is.. the price is high to what we have expected. The room is very small no fan, no aircon very hot @ nyt, no refrigerator , no safe, no hair blower, always need to leave our drinks in the lobby, the tv is old and small cant even watch, the curtains in the shower room is not enough to cover the shower so the floor is always wet. Breakfast is okay but the dinner is very bad.. for 7 days theres no decent food always meat , potatoes and sardines.. i thought they will serve us croatian specialty but its like food in the canteen not a hotel standard... i was about to ask if i can cook in their kitchen beacuse the food sucks! I heard many of the guests are complaining for dinner.... next time i will just get bed n breakfast not a half board!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple