See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at the start of our 10 night holiday at the end of July. Overall I give 4 stars since the quality of the accommodation was good, the pool and location was nice and the food was generally good.

The things we enjoyed most were the feeling that the hotel management would do all they could to give you a good experience, the lunch in the Casa restaurant, the Casa pool area and the great view of the sea from the hotel. We didn't have a direct sea view but as we are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids we didn't spend all our time in the room so it didn't matter to us.

The food was very good for buffet food with lots of healthy options, lots of dishes cooked on the spot and good value wines to purchase. The waiting staff could do with better training in my view with some delays to getting noticed when we wanted a table.

Breakfast could've been a lot better. We preferred the smaller Casa option with the sea view but it was very disorganised on the 2 mornings we ate there. Each time we had to ask for cutlery and it was not clear where to get juices etc. We also tried the breakfast at the main Sanfior but this seemed more busy and there were more wasps.

We booked a family room for my wife and I and our kids of 13 and 11. Other reviews say the kids bunk room is like a prison, but we did not at all feel this way. I even slept in one of the bunks 2 nights as our kids like to share with dad as a treat (lucky me as this won't be the case for many more years). The bunk bed was very comfortable and the room was dark so I actually slept well. The overall family room could do with being bigger though as with 3-4 suitcases on the floor it felt cramped. We would have much preferred interconnecting twin rooms but this would have been too expensive for our budget.

I would also rather not have a buffet dinner but this seems to be the norm these days and it was a good experience at this hotel.

All in all I would definitely return and would recommend the hotel to friends

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Valamar_Sanfior, General Manager at Casa Valamar Sanfior, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Casa Valamar Sanfior on TripAdvisor. Any kind of feedback is always gratefully received, as it assists me in monitoring the service we provide and helps me seek to find improvement wherever necessary.

I was really delighted to read of the personal attention and service you received, and I have already forwarded your comments to the team. The staff at Valamar Sanfior pride themselves on always going the extra mile to exceed all of our guest’s expectations.
Your satisfaction is the goal we are trying to achieve and the reason for constant improvements regarding the quality of our services.

I do hope that you get the opportunity to join us once again in the near future.
The team at Valamar Sanfior look forward to offering you a warm welcome on your next visit.

With renewed thanks,

Reviewed July 21, 2017

We went for 7 nights to a superior room with balcony facing the sea and we brought our pet with us.

The seaside on this area is completely oriented to beach tourism all done by Valamar Hotels chain. They've several of them with different thematics and that shows. In the case of Casa Valamar Sanfior, it goes hand in hand with Hotel Valamar Sanfior (they share dinner restaurant), but there are a few others nearby targeting adults, kids, party, etc.

Casa Valamar Sanfior particularly is in the corner, very quiet, 20 steps from the sea, with a medium-to-small sized pool (at least for what I'm used to) and walking distance from Rabac, which is a very small town.

The room was good, but I can't give it 5 stars due to the size of the TV given the price. and being a superior room. Silly, right? The balcony was ok, but the rest was very good. Particularly the A/C and WiFi (best WiFi across all hotel and beach I've ever seen). The A/C was not easy to control but it was powerful.

The dinner restaurant (at the Hotel Valamar Sanfior, meaning you had to walk there, although not a big deal) was nice, with inner yard tables, inside of the building tables, and facing the sea tables. The food offer was good, 4 stars given the expectations. It was quite repetitive but satisfactory, but there certainly almost no variation for a vegetarian (my girlfriend in this case). Also, you have to pay for water in dinner. I'll never accept this as okay. Never. 3 euros for a bottle of sparkling water is a scam, no matter how you look at it.

The breakfast though...is another story. In the beginning, they told us breakfast was at the terrace of Casa Valamar Sanfior, which is in the building, closer, and with good views itself. But it was extremely poor. 3 stars at best. After the first day, I requested to have breakfast at the Hotel instead, and they allowed us.
There the breakfast was good, although no variation from day to day at all. I ended up having 80% the same every day. Which is...ok? but I've seen better. Anyway, I enjoyed it and they've pretty much what you'd need or expect.

Service overall was great, but there's always this one person...Luca in this case. He almost made me take the 5th star in service category out. He didn't make us feel well when he approached our table. The rest of people were top notch. And they were very nice to our pet (a cat).

The Cleaningness rating...I give it 4 stars because they were not on par with other experiences I had.

The Hotel was very easy of access from any given point.
Also worth mentioning that they control the exploitation of the beach side, giving you insitu the towels with your towel cards, and they maintained a good price for sunbeds, with deals if you reserve several days (now, watch out the weather. If it gets over 20km/h of wind, you might as well want to do something else.)

We will very likely come back to a Valamar hotel.

Room tip: Get a corner, on a first floor is enough, the rest...obvious tips. Facing the sea :)
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Valamar_Sanfior, General Manager at Casa Valamar Sanfior, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear Rafael,

thank you for taking the time to review Casa Valamar Sanfior and for staying with us. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments and compliments.

Thank you also for proposal regarding TV & A/C control.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family in Valamar Sanfior again.
Warm regards from Rabac!

Reviewed July 17, 2017

We returned to the hotel for the 4th time because of the location and standard knowledge.
We will only write about the quality of access to the guest.
The worst was surprising for us at the check-in, the impossibility of taking advantage of the early check-in.
Although we reserved the room for spring, for five people with sea view, i think we were given the smallest family room in the hotel. After the complaint we were given a little more, without a direct view of the sea. Our room was offered to us in the middle of the stay.This no longer wants to pack and move again.
The impossibility of changing the towel in the early hours of about 8:15.
Reluctance to communicate in the German language.
The possibility of late check-out was not allowed again as it is on the newsletters. The variety of diet is certainly weaker than last year. I do not know whether the decline in quality is due to the newly opened complex of Girandela resort, which attracted the attention of the locality ...... The price / value ratio begins to lose its points in this case.

Room tip: 2106,2107,3106,3107,4106,4107....... sea and pool view
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank valamar2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We welcome all feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve our quality standards. In this way we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services, and they provide us with objectives and directions towards continual improvements.

We are very sorry to know that your stay at our Casa Valamar Sanfior was not among the best ones. We took this really seriously and rest assure that this will be followed up to ensure that we are much more helpful in future in this respect.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance at any time.
Warm regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

In this hotel they really know how to take care of families. During the day, the hotel animation team organises programme for both adults and children. The buffet dinner is good. After the dinner there is special programme every evening, like performances of singers and dancers - and disco for children. Staff is friendly and place clean.

In addition, the area is really beautiful with pool and own beach opening to the blue Adriatic sea. The Rabac village is just some minutes walk by the sea where the pretty pedestrian street is lined with restaurants and souvenir shops.

Hotel Casa Valamar Sanfior shares the reception and dinner restaurant with Hotel Valamar Sanfior that is just some meters away. We stayed happily in the peaceful Casa.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Valamar_Sanfior, General Manager at Casa Valamar Sanfior, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Dear Guest,

it was a real pleasure reading such a lovely review. Your positive comments and remarks on behalf of our hotel, offer and service are of greatest value to our whole team, proving that our effort and hard work is being noticed and acknowledged. I sincerely thank you for those nice compliments.

I am glad you enjoyed our evening programmes too. On this special occasion, mondays we have the opportunity to introduce our staff and animation team to the new guests and invite them for a glass of champagne or some other drink.

If you ever wish for another peaceful and relaxing holiday in our small, but enchanting town of Rabac, we would be more than happy to welcome you in Valamar Sanfior again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, large rooms, very good food.
Parking and wi-fi are free, and location is just great. A bit on a high budget side regarding prices of accomodation, but they' re doing a great job for you to feel welcome.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Valamar_Sanfior, General Manager at Casa Valamar Sanfior, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Dear Mr. Saša,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review. As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely significant to us as it helps us to develop the services and facilities that we offer. We are delighted that we have met your expectations.

Your comments regarding the staff are most appreciated. We invest heavily in training the staff to provide first class customer care to make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

We do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Yours sincerely,